I finished two of the little quilts I am working on.
The first is 8" x 7". The design is by Twigs n Sprigs and I added the lettering to that.
After I did the stitchery, I painted in the design with watered down acrylics. Then I heat set it in the dryer, washed it with soapy water and redried it and the paint did not run or fade out.
This is the piece after I finished.
This is the piece, after I antiqued it. The painted areas look more faded than they appear in the photo. I also think, I could do a light sanding in some areas to get the antique medium to take on the paint.
This piece is one I decided to whip together and you can tell, I did, by the lopsided triangles, lol. I had a bunch of little squares, so I sewed some together to cut triangles from and put them all together. I just wanted something quick and prim. It is 13" x 10". I started working on the annie, so that will be done next. I started to paint the cat stitchery, but used too much water and I had to rinse it out to avoid more run off. I will work on that when my brain can handle painting again.
Hannah Nicholson Grave Quilts
10 hours ago