Thursday, June 25, 2009

My Walk and a guessing game

Today I couldn't make up my mind whether to kayak or not. Then I checked the gear, which had been stored in the basement and decided I was not putting the musty items on, so they got cleaned today. We decided to go for a walk to Rome Point here in our own town. It is a nice walk through the woods and paths and comes out at the bay.

Here is were we come out from the main path. Bill is doing a dance for you;)
This stretch of water is where we do a lot of paddling. We start out going to the bridge and back to the launch and then I build up to going down the coast to the campus beach, which is about 3 miles one way.



At the opposite side is the point, that is where we headed next, walking along the rocks.



One of the reasons I wanted to get away from the house is that the air show is this weekend. They were practicing today and it was load and my dog was barking and going nuts. So much for a peaceful walk, here they come, with a blast that could blow out your eardrums.



Now, I like to take pictures, close ups of strange things. So here is some fun for all of you. I took this picture on the beach. tell me what those white things are called and what they are attached to and I will do a special drawing for a booklet, of those who guess right.



And for those of you, who ask to see new pictures of me, here it is, LOL.

9 comments:

Joanne said...

Looks like a beautiful day out there Debbie - You are too funny with the updated pictures of yourself! Just what is that picture? Mermaid poop?

arlyce said...

I see barnacles! what a lovely day you must have spent, Debbie...love the photo of you. arlyce

Pat / Silver Thimble Quilt Co. said...

Oh I would recognize you anywhere.
Barnacles...Yup barnacles.

Pat

MommaB said...

beautiful countryside...
thanks for entering my giveaway>>>hugs

Nancy said...

After a search on yahoo, I think it might be barnacles on a clam? Is that possible. We don't have a lot of sea life in the midwest...LOL

JoJo said...

Looks like barnacles on a mussel to me. Great pictures, Debbie.

Chocolates4Breakfast (Terri ~ Boog) said...

It looks like barnacles on a buckeye (nut).... Great pics! I wish I looked as good as you do walking away and I love the little jig that Bill looks like he's doing.

arlyce said...

debbie, I don't know why but I can't email you. I am lycetee@yahoo.com andn would absolutely love any pattern with a horse or pony. Could you contact me and then I can email back that way? Thanks. arlyce

Penny @ Miss Pootsie's Primitives said...

Well... now I know if I ever see you walking away from me, I will recognize you!!!

Penny

btw... gorgeous photos!