Sunday, June 7, 2009

Scrap Blocks Finished

Today is Sunday and for me, that is a day of rest. It means I do what I want, when I want;)
Today I was in the mood to finish my scrappy quilt, so that is what I worked on. I got all the blocks together and was ready to move onto the borders, but I am tired, so enough for today.

Now I have to decide if I want to make strip colors going around the quilt or strip pieces going sideways.
What do you think? How would you border this piece? It will be finished off with floss ties, so I want to keep it simple and naive looking.

I really liked making these blocks, it is fun and easy. I was thinking they would look great with some scattered appliques on some blocks or some stitchery. It would also be a great way to practice top stitching with different designs in the blocks.



Of course Dora and Izzy had to help out. Dora is mad because Izzy got the window seat. But, they did take turns with the window and bugging me while I quilted. Dora got a bit too close and while I was cutting some fabric with the scissors, I didn't realize she had her tail underneath. So, she got a little haircut, lol. Thank God, that is all I cut. No more kitties in the sewing room.

8 comments:

Jacque. said...

ohmygosh...I missed the first post about this. I LOVE it! Wait til you see what I'll be doing with my homespun!

Thank you for all your wonderful comments. You ROCK more than I do in the craft department, girlfriend!!!

Deirdre said...

Wow! You really whipped that beautiful quilt out in no time!

Anonymous said...

Debbie, I love your scrap quilt!
The border....I think strips goïng around the quilt.
Imi

Karmen said...

Does it need a border? I know that doesn't help you. I am sure your decision, whatever it is, will be the right one. You have a great sense of design!

Brenis said...

WOW Debbie!! You are so unbelievably fast!! LOVE LOVE how this turned out!!
And I laughed out loud - scared my own kitty- when i read about dora's little haircut!! hahaha!! Praise God you only got hair!!! :>o

Tammy Burks said...

The scrap quilt looks great...just another thing on my "wanna do" list. I've never quilted, but I'm guessing this would be a good way to start?
I definitely have enough scrap wool!

Tolentreasures said...

I love your quilt. I would put long strips around the edge..just my two cents. I hear you on the Sunday, love them if I could just keep the rule!

Cathy

Ann said...

This turned out just beautiful. What is it about sewing that brings out a cat? Frito can be snoozing away until he "hears" me cutting fabric and then his nose is just like Dora's - right there investigating and helping! ~Ann