Friday, March 10, 2023

Friday Finish!

 

This week I got a new resin mold and I wanted to try it out. It is a heart box, that has indents, so more of an ashtray. I like the idea of having something that I can give as a gift and add my sea glass. It came out pretty good, but I think I need to add less glass to let the light in and show off the glass. 

I had too much resin, so started filling the other molds to use it up. I tried some dye but I guess too much on the dog and lady piece, it came out too dark. The good thing is, I mixed the resin in the right amounts, so all the pieces hardened. I like the idea of doing smaller pieces, maybe get some ornament molds. The anchor was too thick to be an ornament, so maybe if I fill it with less resin, it will be the right thickness.




I also painted some new rocks. I love using the markers and paint pens, so much easier to do. This time I painted them white first, which makes the colors pop more. There are lots of designs on the internet that are fun to do.



Last weekend we went to the beaches on the island and enjoyed watching the birds. The Red-breasted Mergansers, are funny to watch. I also spotted a Red-tailed Hawk flying by and a Common Eider. With the mottled coloring, I would say this is a younger one.



We also stopped at another beach and it was where all the gulls were hanging out. I enjoyed watching them fly about and diving for fish.



I also spotted an all white one. I found out from a local group that is is a Glaucous Gull and I was the first one to spot one, so that was a thrill,



Today we went to the beach again and I had the camera out, just in time to grab a shot of this guy, as he came out of the water with his prize. It looks like a sea worm, not sure what type.

I hope you all enjoyed your week and have a nice weekend. We have rain again, then one good day, before more rain and snow. I guess we are in for a cold March, since we missed all the snow this winter.



3 comments:

acorn hollow said...

I like your mold idea and your rocks are always darling. Wow to spot that gull first in the area good for you and your great pictures.
I think we are in for a good storm on Tuesday Winter is going out like a lion.
cathy

Fiona said...

you are always up to different things... lovely way to use the sea glass... lovely bird pictures..
Hugz

Rugs and Pugs said...

You always come up with such fun projects!