Friday, September 25, 2020

Friday, No Finishes!

 

This week I have not finished things as much as worked on finishing things. I did make more masks and actually sold some, so that will help with new threads and things I am running out of for my regular sewing. I think I need to get ones done with the material I have for kids and then just make a few if someone needs some, but I have too many unfinished projects and things I havnt had time to make. I also saw a need for quilts for the fire victims and need to start using my quilter and get some tops finished.

I do keep busy with the boys on the weekend and here it is Friday and tomorrow is a day with the boys. I spent the day cooking and made a batch of apple crisp for the boys, theirs has some sugar and a brown sugar topping. I make mine without sugar, so thought it would be fun to make them a special treat.

Last Saturday we went to Jamestown and spent the day at the forts. This time we were able to get a spot in front of the cove, so great views. The boys had fun playing on the beaches and a picnic in the trailer.


On Sunday we headed to Connecticut and took them to Esker Point. There were only a few people in the parking lot and no one at the picnic area. We went across to the street and walked on the beach and decided to head to Groton long point for lunch. It is a beautiful area at the mouth of the Thames river and we watched the ferries as they came and went.



Our last stop was Fort Griswold, another place the boys loved. Lots of exploring and even a bit of history. Nick likes to hear the stories and Alex wants me to read the signs for him, so a bit of learning too.


I hope you enjoyed a bit of our adventures and have a some fun adventures of your own. Stay safe and healthy and enjoy. your weekend. Hopefully I will get back on track and start finishing my projects this week.


5 comments:

TheCrankyCrow said...

You really have some great places to visit....I would love to tag along with you...especially for the history! I have not only got any finishes done, but I haven't even picked up a hook or needle for way too long....which is not good because the longer I don't, the harder it seems to start again. I don't know why that is. I had wanted to do start some Halloween stitching projects I've been hoping to do for a while, but felt like I was being disloyal to The Beast LOL....and now it's almost October, so not a snowball's chance that I'd ever get any stitching project I start completed ha ha. We had a nice fall day today...but heading back to cool now. Hope the boys enjoy their apple crisp! It was always a favorite treat for my son when he was younger....served warm with a big scoop of vanilla ice cream....yum! ~Robin~

Lady Locust said...

Oh what fun! Boys are sure growing. Who says history can’t be fun?

Rugs and Pugs said...

Great pictures of the boys...and making more memories...priceless.

acorn hollow said...

Such wonderful memories those boys will have to keep them in their old age.
cathy

Doreen Frost said...

Oh gosh, can I join the boys at your house for the weekends? It looks like you have some wonderful adventures and gorgeous trips. Uou are making such wonderful memories for them.

Be well, Doreen