Friday, September 11, 2020

Friday Finish and Fun!


This week I have been slow going on my new projects, I finished the stitching on my stitchery but I have to decide on the finish and it may take me a few more weeks at least, to quilt the table runner. I did make time to get some masks made for the boys.

This was fun fabric to work but it is hard to fussy cut and get exactly what you want with masks, since some get lost in the folds. I made 3D masks since I find they are easier to breath and talk in and want to see how the boys like them. I also made two fitted masks in case the others don't fit. It is hard to figure out sizes with kids and the boys are smaller than kids their age.

I was feeling better over the weekend and I know fresh air always lifts my spirts, so we got out for a few walks. My test came back negative so I guess the meds worked. I want to thank you all for your well wishes.

We went out to park at a camp lot, at a casino in Connecticut, the reason is that it is on the river and I wanted to see if we could get a spot with views. Well, they closed that lot and put campers in a back section, so that didn't work. While we were sitting in the lot, security came by to ask me if we planned on camping there and I said no, just taking a break and heading to another park, which is how I found out, no dogs at that park, so that was out. I wanted to walk a bit so we headed to the Fish Hatchery and took a little walk along the river.

On Sunday we headed to Connecticut to check out a few places. On the way to one, we took a wrong turn and ended up at the ocean and found a public parking area at the mouth of the river. It was a nice place to relax and there was a public beach, but Bean was with us, so we rode around a beautiful community on the point and enjoyed the many marshes in the area, filled with egrets. While at the Parking lot, I was getting ready to leave and caught a bird chasing a small hawk. 

The hawk was actually a Merlin, a nice surprise for me, I have never seen one before, that I know of.

Our next stop was an old farm that is now a state park. It was a beautiful place, lots of fields with old stone ruins and lots of paths to explore. We took the path that went around the salt pond and back along a short cut through the woods. We will definitely come back and I know the boys would love this place.

The area is filled with a variety of birds, but most flew by too fast.  This mockingbird was nice enough to pose for a photo.

This week Bill started first shift. It is hard to reset my time, since I am used to staying up late, but I find it is easier to get up earlier, just getting to sleep at night is the problem. The benefit is, he is home later in the afternoon, so we can enjoy a few hours at the ocean. We will be going more now that the crowds are gone and bringing dinner so we can eat at the lighthouse and watch the sunset.

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend. For those near the fires, may you stay safe and prayers for you all, and for rain.


acorn hollow said...

So glad your test was negative. sounds like you had a great time finding new places.

Rugs and Pugs said...

Your grands are going to have more masks than all the other kids combined. They are lucky to call you grandma.

Julie Fukuda said...

I'm so glad to see you out again and enjoying nature. That is the best medicine of all.

TheCrankyCrow said...

So glad to read you are feeling better and got to enjoy time doing what you love best. Your photos, as always, are breathtaking. I don't believe I have ever seen a mockingbird before and have wondered what they look like. So glad he/she posed so nicely for both of us LOL. That old farm area sounds incredible. Some way, some how, I have to find a way to get out east sometime!! Sunday Blessings ~Robin~