Friday, October 12, 2018

Friday Finish and Finds!


This week seems to have gone by too quick. I had lots of things I wanted to do, while Bill had the week off, but most of the week, I was happy to have a few hours out and rest at home. I really wish we could have gone to New Hampshire to see the foliage, but we were able to enjoy some nice days at the beach and our foliage is still coming, so a few more weekends to enjoy the colors.

I was able to do another stitchery. My niece loved the bee pillow, but I know she is not into prim, so I made one with more color and crackle fabric. The design and crackle fabric is from Kathy Schmitz. I prefer to stitch without something in the way, and I think my stitches look better on this one.


And of course we got lots of beach time in and lots of hunting for sea treasures. On Saturday we found some nice pieces at the ocean.


On Monday we hit my favorite beach without the crowds and found some nice pieces, along with some pottery pieces.


Tuesday was an unusually warm day, so back to the ocean. We got lots of smalls, which will be fun to use in Christmas ornaments, that I have some ideas for.


Wednesday it was back to my favorite beach and we hit it, at the right time. We found a lot of nice pieces and even with a few people on the beach, I found ones they missed. I think I have enough to do a few projects.



We also went shopping and I got some new glass paints and sprays to try. I did a few and some didn't work right and some I like, so I will do a post with a review on the different mediums I have used and what works best, with some how to's.

Here is a photo of my first tries. The light green was a mess, so I washed that off and did a nicer job on the second try. The others are spray on sea glass paint. Never spray on a windy day, it came out too thick, so I will retry on a nicer day.

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!


10 comments:

julieQ said...

Your pillow is just so dear! I loved Kathy's designs. Fun stuff you picked up...that would be a super fun thing to do, for me!

Allie said...

LOVE the little pillow!! Very sweet! You found some great treasures Debbie, can't wait to see what you make!

Saundra said...

Love your honey bee pillow.

PaulaB quilts said...

You got some very nice finds. It looks like the pottery pieces might almost all be from the same pot. The glass jars are such a great idea, would make nice gifts filled with some goodies. Have a fun week!

Rugs and Pugs said...

That's a LOT of beach glass!

Karen said...

I wonder why there isn't more red glass to be found. But when I think about it, most red glass is used in decorative pieces and not as likely to end up in the ocean.

cocoya said...


I loved as much as you will receive carried out right here. The sketch is attractive, your authored subject matter stylish. nonetheless, you command get bought an impatience over that you wish be delivering the following. unwell unquestionably come more formerly again since exactly the same nearly a lot often inside case you shield this increase.
slot online

Raymond Homestead said...

Cute pillow, really love the edging around the pillow. Lots of sea treasure, that would be fun to find! I've never tried painting on glass, I've seen a lot of neat projects on Pinterest. I'll have to try it one of these days!

Deb said...

Sweet bee pillow, I love Kathy Schmitz's designs, wow you have some lovely beach glass finds.

Susan said...

I'm amazed at all the mermaid glass you find, and the variety of colors! I like Kathy's designs, too.