Friday, March 30, 2018

Happy Easter!


I want to wish you all a Happy Easter and blessings to you and your family. This is an old photo of my family, I am the baby. We look like the Kettle family, for those who remember the Ma an Pa Kettle family, lol.

I am not sure what we will be doing for Easter. I am still recovering from my infection and the meds, so not up to cleaning and cooking for a large group. I asked my son to host and he said yes, then he tells me we are eating at Ivy's friends. I like her friend and children and enjoy spending the holidays with them, but the last time she cooked, they all got sick. So, I really doubt she will have anything I can eat and with the extra kids, it might be too much for me, we may just eat at home and go to the beach.


Speaking of the beach, it seems that is where we spend most of our free time. I love walking on the beach and the fresh air and of course, finding new treasures for my collection. This week we spent a few days at the beaches near the old navy base. One beach has some nice glass and the other has a nicer beach and much stranger glass. I found some large pieces and the bottle in front, that looks like it has been melted down, have never seen something like that.


Today we spent a few hours in Jamestown, the best beach for older glass. It was a bit dismal out, but warmer, so I spent a lot of time digging in the piles of rock and found some nice smooth and rounded pieces. It was nice to get out without freezing, but I got hit twice with incoming waves, so that did me in. Bending and squatting is killing my back, but I was having too much fun to care. Hopefully a good nights sleep will have me all ready for a new beach tomorrow.

I am also working on my stocking quilt, a few more blocks to go, then I will sew them together to see what I have for size. I would like to finish the top before we go on our camping trip in two weeks, then I can hand quilt this one, while I relax at camp.


5 comments:

Lady Locust said...

I love all your treasures. What is that in the lowere right corner - pottery? Have a very happy Easter wherever it finds you..

Sandi said...

I hope what ever you do for Easter is good for you, feeling the pits on a holiday is a drag.

Our cherry blossoms are starting to open in the courtyard. I'm hoping that it's sunnier tomorrow and I can get some good pictures of them.

It looks like you got some other interesting finds amongst your lovely pieces of glass. Have fun creating something wonderful with all those treasures.

Julie Fukuda said...

I had a video talk with my two Portland daughters this morning. They had been beach combing in the north west. One summer I worked on Vashion Island out in Puget Sound and I still have some of the sea glass and polished petrified wood I picked up there. I notice you found some lovely hearts too. Large groups could be tiring and meals that don't suit as well. Have a day that makes you come home feeling rested and happy.

Rugs and Pugs said...

What a sweet old family picture.
Happy Easter :)
Lauren

Fiona said...

Hope your Easter lunch goes well.... beaches are such lovely places, I can really see why you like to spend lots of time there..
Hugz