Friday, January 29, 2016

Friday Finishes!


I am slowly getting back into creating again, sitting and relaxing is just not in my nature. Relaxing to me is working on projects while I watch tv and with the cold weather, I will be doing more of that for a few more months.

I wanted to try a punched kitty, like the ones I did with cross stitch. I used one of my cats for this piece to see how it worked. I am not thrilled with how it came out. I used 6 strands on all of it and a higher height for the designs and face and It came out too sloppy looking and the design is too big for the area. So, I will make some new ones with new ideas and designs that I thought of, while I made this one.

I was thinking of making a pair and they could be used as Christmas ornaments or stand alone. If you have any ideas of what  you would like to see, in new patterns, let me know and I will see what I can create. If I use your idea in a pattern, you will receive the pattern for free!

I am also fighting off lyme symptoms again, so my joints and nerves ache, which makes it harder to do nice work, but I will still create. And my brain is on hold most of the time and I just noticed, I forgot to add his bell in the front, duh. I think for the next kitty I will make a collar to go around his neck.


I also finished another block from the garden stitchery. Only one more to go and then I can decide on borders and how it will go together. It takes me longer to stitch since I mess up a lot and have to take it out to fix stitches that are spaced apart, ones I didn't notice at first;)

I hope everyone has a nice weekend. I am hoping to get out and enjoy a ride to the ocean, even if I have to sit in the car, it is nice to just be at the ocean. We may get a warm up, over 40 is going to feel warm.


14 comments:

Jennie in GA said...

Do so love your little stitchery and will look forward to seeing your finished product, I think your cat is rather charming. Happy weekend and stay warm.

Sandi said...

She is very cute, why not add a metal bell around his neck?

What about some chicks for Easter?

Hope you fell better soon.

Rugs and Pugs said...

I think the cat looks great and a tiny rusty bell would be perfect!
We are supposed to be in the upper 40's today and the sun in currently shining. Each passing day gets us closer to spring!
Hugs :)
Lauren

Kate said...

Your cat is cute, Debbie. I really like your stitchery - may I ask what size your design is? Sorry to read that your symptoms have flared up again. Enjoy your trip to the ocean and keep warm. Would you believe that this week it's been in the 32-40F range for us waaaaaay up here - most enjoyable!

Rugs and Pugs said...

Forgot to say I'm so sorry the Lyme's is acting up. That has to be difficult to live with.

The Rusty Thimble said...

Love them both Debbie that cat is Sweet!! sorry about your lyme hope you feel better soon
Brenda

Melody said...

Sorry to hear about your Lyme disease, so horrible for you. Love that little cat and cute Stitchery.

cucki said...

Oh dear so sorry to hear about that..
Sending you big hugs x

Karen said...

You are on a roll, Debbie. The cat is cute as can be in punched form.

Farmhouse prims said...

Debbie, love your punched kitty, amazing work. hugs, Lecia

Anna said...

Oh your stitchery is so cute! Friends forever! And you ARE so gifted with the punch!! Hope the symptoms are short lived this time.

Allie-oops Designs said...

Debbie I LOVE your kitty. I think it's so darling and prim looking! Your stitchery is so pretty too. I'm sorry you're having a flare-up, I'll say a prayer for you hon!

Saundra said...

I think that adorable cat would look cute in MY house, lol. Great job.

Saundra said...

How can you distinguish Lyme symptoms from arthritic pain? Recently my finger joints and thumbs have started having needle like pain as well as aches. I've written it off to age and winter weather.