Monday, July 15, 2013

Pattern Winner and Oldies but Goodies!


I have been blogging for five years on Blogger, but I had a blog, previously, on Yahoo. At the time I didn't think and lost of the postings and photos, but I did save a lot of things on my memory stick, so I do have a few of the old things that I had posted about.

I used to sell on a regular basis, on ebay and I may start selling things again. Today I was looking through the stick to find a photo for my sister and found a few things I had forgotten about and things that bring back wonderful memories.

This is an older rug that I made years ago, I think it was for a challenge swap, I have no idea. My short term memory encompasses the past few years too. I really like this pattern but see things I don't like and ways to improve it, so I would like to redo it and make it into a pattern, but I can't remember where I got the idea from.


Here is a box I painted with one of my designs. I used to make them and add a matching item to go with it, usually a punched piece or a needle keep.


And thinking of summer vacations, this was the first trip Bill and I took after we started kayaking. We were paddling around an island and came upon this house, that was built on a rock. Talk about a house on the water, lol.


I was also looking for simple penny rug ideas and found this Penny Wreath. I love the idea, but I think I would make it more prim, maybe one in fall colors and one for Christmas. Not sure if I would use styrofoam, I would rather use a flatter back for them. Maybe I can have Bill cut me out a thin wood circle for it. 

And now for the winner of a free epattern. The lucky winner is Glenda! Glenda, please email me with your choice of epattern from my ecrater site. Today I started going through my patterns and found a couple that I could share in my anniversary giveaway. I will take some photos and give a sneak peak of some of the goodies, next posting.


8 comments:

Glenda said...

This is Glenda I have sent you an email but I wanted to say thank you for your kindness!

Barbara said...

It's fin to look back at old pictures. I love your angels with attitude.

cucki said...

Nice to see old treasure ..
Big hugs x

Chris said...

Lovely pieces.
That house is really interesting too.
Love the Penny wreath idea!

Dawn said...

Congrats to your winner, Glenda.
Thanks for sharing the oldies but goodies. All very nice. I think it is good to re-visit past works.

Allie said...

Fun pics - love your older makes! That house is wild, I want it, lol. Congrats to your winner!

Firecracker Kid said...

I love that house on the rocks. I hope it's weather proof.
I look forward to seeing your items for sale on ebay.

Blessings,
Carol

Karen said...

The box with the horse.......wonderful! I saved a couple pictures from the internet a while back with a similar look.