Wednesday, September 9, 2009

New punched Pieces

I have been working on a few pieces this past week, some I cannot show.
I had a day when I was not in the mood to work on those projects and decided to make a small punch to fit a basket I had.
I just drew up a simple and prim design with my favorite fall things and then put it on this basket. It is a fun little piece and up for sale on ebay this week. Low start and no bids, a great time to snag one of my creations. I also have my Ghost cat up for sale this week and at a ridiculously low start. Originally I wanted 800.00 for this piece, but decided to take my chances on ebay, ugh, I must not have been in my right mind;)



I have been working on new punched pieces for Lynette's new book. If you have stores in your area that are going to the Houston show, make sure they check out Lynettes booth and get their own copies. It will feature crows from her quilted designs and punched pieces that I have done to match. For the show, I made Lynette a name tag with some of her crows on it. I will be working on some more surprises for her, this tag was the first, I wanted to try one and see how her name looked and fit. The tag looks much better in person, just took a quick shot and too lazy to do more;)

I love doing name tags and it is a fun idea to make for yourself. In the future I will make a booklet with alphabets and designs to do your own. I also will try and get the patterns done, that some of you have been wanting, just having a lazy few days this week.

8 comments:

Chocolates4Breakfast (Terri ~ Boog) said...

Both are very cute indeed! Love the name tag, especially!

Gayle said...

How fun! I actually have a post all witten and scheduled to publish to my blog on Friday about the name tags that I've made for our hook ins! Yours is really cute! And I love the punchneedle piece attached to the basket.

Kimberly said...

...a very sweet and talented girl who is THRILLED that you commented on her giveaway.

~thanks~

Anonymous said...

Love the name tag!! And the kitty/pumpkin design on the basket is too cute!!
~Cindy~

Pat / Silver Thimble Quilt Co. said...

Wonderful name tags! Wonderful post as usual..I love it.

Pat

Primitives By The Light of The Moon said...

Great little punched basket! The name tag turned out cute as can be!

The Cinnamon Stick said...

Love the punch design on the basket...cats and pumpkins what more could you ask for!!!
Your name tag is clever too...cool blog! Judy

Andrea said...

I have received so many compliments on the name tag you made for me! I absolutely love it. Hopefully this Spring I will buy a #4 blade for my cutter so I can try making one as well.

Andrea