Friday, July 31, 2009

New Punch Needle: Moon Witch

I love old postcards and they give me a lot of inspiration for new ideas.
I seem to have gotten into the halloween mood and this was a piece I had to see punched.
It was really fun doing her. It is all in 6 strands with DMC, some that I have over dyed.
It shows that you can do some shading, even with prim sizes.

I hope you like you, she will be for sale this weekend, on ebay.
I debated on aging this piece, it is darker in person and I hate to lose the details by staining it.
If there is enough interest, I will make a pattern for this one.


7 comments:

Primitives By The Light of The Moon said...

You created a wonderful piece with some awesome shading! Your moon witch will add just the right touch to someone's halloween!

Kathy (woolfind) said...

Gorgeous piece! Love the shading, and I like the affect of the 6 strands. Beautiful job, love the design!

Pat / Silver Thimble Quilt Co. said...

Beautiful project. I agreed stain would detract from the details.

Pat

Doris said...

I love this witch, it is just fabulous.

Chocolates4Breakfast (Terri ~ Boog) said...

I LOVE her! I'm off to check your ebay but if I don't get it, I'd sure love the pattern!

Chocolates4Breakfast (Terri ~ Boog) said...

Okay - Just went to check ebay ~ WOW! You've got a great bid on it, if you ask me. I'll have to hope you decide to sell the pattern!

villagefox said...

I love the drape of her skirt.
Am waiting anxiously for the
pattern!