Friday, December 8, 2017

Friday Finishes!


This week I made a new project and finished one I had started. The first one is a design by Kathy Schmitz for her, One Stitch at a Time Club. Each month she sends a new design to stitch, for two dollars, a month. I decided to join since I love her stitcheries and it is fun to get something new each month. There were a couple, I never did, but I still have the designs that I can do another time, but I do love ones I can make for the holidays and ones I can give as gifts. You can also buy the designs for a dollar more, after she releases them, if you want to buy individual ones.

This one I made for me, loved the design and I happened to have a little hanger and christmas clothes pins. Perfect to hang on my peg rack. She had three words to choose from and I love to use Joy, though I did the word myself, so not the best layout, but good enough for me. I used her crackle fabric and then antique medium, love how it came out.


Another piece I finished was a quilted wall hanging with a design by Cheri Saffiote. This was a free pattern on her Facebook page, Quilts by Cheri - Friendship Group. This will be a gift and I wish I could have gotten a better photo, but the lighting is bad in my house and it is freezing outside. The wool textures don't show up as nice or in true color. It is a little wonky and I used scraps for the border, not perfect, but made with love.

I added the words in the upper two areas to fill in that space. I also received a wonderful gift from my friend Karen. She had made a top with sailors and never finished it, so she gifted it to me with the backing, so I can make something for my beach room. I love it so much, I may make a quilt with it, or a wall hanging, something fun to work on.

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend. We have snow coming in tomorrow, so it will be a stay at home day. I will finish up cards and things and then I can enjoy the rest of the season and work on new projects for fun.


9 comments:

Kate said...

Two beautiful projects, Debbie.

Sandi said...

Both your pieces look amazing Debbie. Such a nice way to honour your friendship with Cindy.

Your sailor gifted piece sounds interesting can't wait to see it!

Lady Locust said...

Both pieces are fabulous! I love the two friends in the tree. Am rather jealous at how much stitching you are getting done 😊

Ariane said...

The two little wall hangings look amazing!!

acorn hollow said...

You are always so productive. I wish I could say the same. I love your pieces and what a wonderful gift to get.
Snow for us later today so I will try to get out and about this morning and then snuggle in
and do some cards.
Cathy

Rugs and Pugs said...

I need to take productivity lessons from you!!!
Sweet finishes :)
Lauren

Saundra said...

What Laurel said! I adore that Cheri Friendship Quilt and would love to turn it into a hooked piece one day. Would need to figure out another alternative for all those letters.

Karen said...

I have never seen stripe clothes pins like those. How cute.

Fiona said...

two lovely projects...
Hugz