Friday, April 21, 2017

Friday Finish!


This week flew by, seems I spent most of it, cleaning and shopping and getting ready for my new project, but I was able to make the newest block by Suzy's Sitcom, Words to Live by. This is a fun one to do and I think it will make a nice gift, so it keeps me motivated.



I also started my canvas boards for the painting class, that I won. It is offered by Teresa Kogut as part of her courses, Gather, Dream, Create. This one is called Angel Strokes and she also has one that offers several others. Of course my boards are different sizes, one is slightly smaller than the original and I also made a mini one for practice. I also cheated and used art pens to trace the designs, so they are wobbly and messed up, but paint will cover us those mistakes;) I am not at my best this week, so I will let them sit till next week and then start painting. The weekend is here and time for another adventure.

I took a photo at my art table, I think it is time to finish my room and start decorating the rest, so I can enjoy using it this summer. The room is a lot cooler and will be nice since I won't have to use the air conditioner. I hope you all have a wonderful weekend, filled with adventures and creativity.

For some reason things look crooked, so I have to look at it, maybe we hung up a crooked, or the wide angle made it look off. You can see the mini board in front of the larger one.


9 comments:

Kate said...

Debbie, the 'love birds' are so cute. This week flew by for me, too!

Rugs and Pugs said...

Love your art table.
Another sweet finish!
Lauren

Saundra said...

Oh, now I remember when you got that table and chair. I LOVE it, looks wonderful!!! I used to do redwork a very very long time ago.

julieQ said...

What a lovely, fun bird...fantastic finish!!

Allie-oops Designs said...

What a darling stitchery - so cute! I love your art table too. It might be the angle of the camera that makes things look crooked - pics can lie like that, lol.

cucki said...

aww so cute..
love it so much.
love and smiles x

The Eveningstitcher said...

Love, love love your sewing room! The desk, the little cupboard...it's all so sweet! I love the stitchery also! You sure get a lot done, Deb!

Julie Fukuda said...

Those birds are just too cute! What a nice art table. I have a "work bench" but it contains my box of wood scraps and my scroll saw and no place to sit. If I were starting over, I would probably have something more like yours.

Karen said...

I like the chair cushion. Very beach looking.