Friday, October 21, 2016

Friday Finish and Hikes!


Last week I was shopping at a discount store and they had needle felting kits. They were only 4.00, so I thought it would be fun to try one. It came with all the materials, a needle and a small foam block to punch on, so the extra tools are worth the price.

The stocking comes all cut out with the printed design, so all I had to do is punch in the roving. I used a bit of my own roving to give it more variation, and swapped the blue for the light green they had. I thought it was too close to the back material. The stocking is felt, so for me it was hard to felt on. It was fun to do and I Think I will embellish it a bit, before I put it together and decide who gets it, so I can put a name on it.

I think it would be fun to get another one and make them for the boys, maybe the baby blue for Alex and I can do Nicks with a gold.


We had some nice days this week, so we went for some walks. The first one was at the park, we walked around the lake and put in 3 miles.


Today we went to the bike path. We hiked down the bike path, which follows the cove.


Since we got an early start and had time, we walked further down and decided to follow an old road path into the woods. It was a nice walk, surrounded by woods and no people around. It came out the the other side of the harbor. Looking back to the area where Bill is standing in the first photo.


Of course Bean was thrilled with coming to a beach and since there was no one around, he got to play off leash. This is the bay side, you can see the ship at port in the distance. On the other side of that dock is the dog beach, that we usually go to. We will definitely come back to explore the area and enjoy walking along the beach, when we have more time. Today we walked 3.7 miles and I didn't realize it was going to be hot, so I  was in jeans and a sweat shirt, definitely a good workout today.

I hope  you all have a wonderful weekend. We are getting rain and high winds, so not sure what we will be able to do in that. I do need more apples before the orchards close, so hopefully we can go apple picking on Sunday and maybe take Nick and get him on a tractor.




6 comments:

acorn hollow said...

We did have some really nice days. It looks like you enjoyed them. I did get to hike.
Cathy

Kate said...

The stocking is so cute, Debbie. I love that photo of Bean looking out to seas - beautiful shot!

Sandi said...

What a great find st the discount shop, it worked up nicely! Bonus pricing.

Your walk looks lovely, we haven't seen much of blue skies this week but the rests are turning lovely shades. Off to a local wuilt show in a bit, several friends have pieces in the show and a peek in the vendors market.



Have a great weekend!

Dog Trot Farm said...

What a lovely outing...perfect for a beautiful Autumn day...Bean seems to be enjoying himself too...

Rugs and Pugs said...

You always have the best hikes.
We went to an arboretum today and there was a yellow lab that saw a small pond and went charging in. Good this the lady holding the leash held tight. Everyone around got a good laugh out of that.
Hugs :)
Lauren

Fiona said...

a lovely christmas stocking - it will be great for the boys to have their own.... another lovely walk for you both too...
Hugz