Friday, April 1, 2016

Friday Finish!


This week I have been having more done time and the lyme has effected my joints and nerves, so it is hard to do fine work or things that take coordination or strength, so I decided to do some more stitchery.

This time I went though my old files and found a design I had doodled up, years ago and thought it would be a fun one to try. Of course I had to have a saying to go with it and I found an old irish saying and changed the lines a bit.

I was thinking of making it into a design, I need to redo the original and add the saying. I just have to figure out how to get the font to work in the right size and with the photo since my text program had this font and photoshop does not.

As usual I had to do a flash photo, so it tends to be too dark in some areas and too bright in others. I aged it with walnut ink, a fun piece to give as a gift.

It looks like we will be having some stormy weather this weekend, so no outdoor plans. I am so looking forward to warmer weather and long walks on the beach and lots of paddling this summer.


15 comments:

The Eveningstitcher said...

That is just adorable, Deb! You do beautiful stitching! I hope you feel better...gosh...that Lyme Disease is horrible. We're supposed to get snow showers this weekend...YUCK!! Have a great weekend!

Anna said...

This stitchery is sooo sweet! These ongoing disease processes suck! it seems by now they would have figured out some relief :( Snow Showers?! Sunshine here :)

Allie-oops Designs said...

WELL DONE Debbie - love that stitchery, and the saying is just perfect for it! I hope you're feeling better soon, hon!

Kate said...

It's a beauty, Debbie, and I like the Irish saying.
We're having an Arctic Blast this weekend ... misery loves company.
I hope you're feeling better soon.

Saundra said...

Cute stitchery. Yesterday was rainy, HOT and humid believe it or not. And today it is still raining but temps are in the 50's today ~ more normal for this time of year.

Karen said...

You are on a roll with the finishes. I like the saying you put on this one. How do you find them?

Fiona said...

Beautiful - and lovely words on it
Hugz

Sandi said...

Lovely piece and a lovely saying. Hope Nick is feeling well after his journey. Stay safe and warm and snug as a bug in a rug!

Melody said...

So sorry to hear about your pain, it can sure drag you down but it didn't stop this delightful finish. I love it.

Kim said...

Debbie, that is so adorable. I love it and the little poem.

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

I am so sorry that you are in pain. This is so beautiful. A great design, a great saying and beautiful workmanship. I am going to have to remember to try to dye with walnuts.

sandi s said...

I love your little wall hanging. I love the verse! Hugs,

Unknown said...

Soooo cute. It must be an angle day, I too am working on an angel.
Hope you feel better.

Rugs and Pugs said...

Another fun piece.
I hope you are feeling better soon.
Hugs :)
Lauren

Miccosukee said...

You come up with the most inspiring and amusing pieces. I would love to try stitchery but my hands can no longer handle a sewing needle. A darning needle is the smallest I can go. I actually do darn my socks with a wooden darning egg that has come down three generations to me.

Truly I understand your pain. Two weeks of chilly and wet weather sent me back to the bed. It also didn't help that it has been a year since I lost my beloved sister so unexpectedly.