Friday, October 24, 2014

Friday Finish with Bean!


Another week and I haven't gotten as much as I planned, done. Bean does take up a lot of my time, lots of walks and keeping an eye on him so he doesn't eat everything he can find. He has lots of toys but always seems to want something he can't have.

My sister was up for a visit, so I got her things finished and forgot to take a photo of the snowman mat. It is a design I have made before but with hers, I used buttons on his front for a fun piece. I couldn't find a basket for the snow angel, so I had my husband cut out a hornbook for it. The design is by Brenda Gervais and she gives the template for the hornbook with the pattern. I did not stain this piece since my sister isn't into prim.



Bean loves to chase and carry things. I got him a stuffed sheep, it is now a sheep, minus the stuffing. The head was made of a loose linen, not a good material for a dog toy. He can now walk up stairs, but still afraid to go down. He can get off the couch, by taking a flying leap and today he was using his tongue to try and open his cage, the boy is getting too smart for his own good.

I hope everyone has a good weekend. We have nice weather coming back, so it looks like the perfect time to go for some walks with Bean.



12 comments:

Allie said...

That snowman is DARLING!! And of course, so is Bean - I'm surprised you got ANYTHING done though, he must take a lot of your time!

Jacque. said...

Puppies...gotta love them! Great job on the snowman!

Anna said...

The snowman is adorable...but Bean takes the cake!

kelley said...

looks great, I like the non stained look sometimes too...oh Bean, you are so lucky to have a good Mom!

moosecraft said...

Awww... love that little Bean! :-) Great job on the punchneedle and Bill did real good on that hornbook! You guys make a great team! :-)

Daffycat said...

Holy cow, Bean's ears are cute!

Karen said...

The snow angel is something I like very much. It looks good on the horn base. Very prim and very good looking.

Rugs and Pugs said...

Love our little hooked piece. I'm sure your sister loved it, too.
Hugs :)
Lauren

Fiona said...

bean is doing so well.... lovely hooked piece...
Hugz

marly said...

Oh that Bean baby. The prior post photo of him being carried over the bridge is so cute. I love holding pups.

Gail said...

Love the snow angel. Glad you didn't stain it because the colors are so pretty.

Bean is adorable. Border collies have a lot of energy which I'm sure you are finding out, lol.

Gail :)

She Seeketh Wool said...

I had to bust out laughing at you post about Bean. He has a sheep, minus the stuffing!!!!!! OMG do I know about that. Bruno is very gently with his toys which is rare, but Oni and Brit. Brit wasn't happy until he got the squeaker out and Oni would pull out stuffing and it would stick to his whiskers, he looked like Santa. What fun we had with them. That picture of Bean with his sheep is priceless!