Saturday, September 29, 2012

Improved Burlap Pumpkin?


Today I went to the craft stores. We are lucky, in that they are all in the same area. I go armed with coupons and stock up on supplies I use the most. One of my favorite items is quilt batting, I wait for a 40% sale and use the 20% coupon on that and get a great deal. I have a lot of tops to quilt and I want to make charity quilts, so getting batting this way, will build a stash for me;)

I was able to get moss for my pumpkins and I also found a pack of fall leaves to add to the display.
My husband but some stems that I had from an old wreath and I used those in place of the sticks.

I decided not to glue it down, so I can just throw the moss away and remove the stems for easy storage.
Hopefully the kitties won't try to eat it.

I tried different angles, but none showed off how nice they look in person. They are about 7" in diameter. You can find the tutorial to make your own at Country Quilts Blog.


16 comments:

Rock River Stitches said...

Oh I love your pumpkins! Never thought to make them with burlap!

Tammy

Allie said...

Those are absolutely darling, Debbie - smart girl to not glue them down!

Jacque. said...

cute pumpkins...the entire display is great! good job!

Karen said...

The pumpkin display looks oh so fall. Thanks for the link to the instructions for making them. Do you think regular fabric instead of burlap would work?

marie said...

Won't be able to work on my sage pumpkins tomorrow as I'm going to a quilt show and maybe a few thift stores. Did get a small quilt top done in homespuns with some wool pumpkins I will applique on. Your pumpkins look great now that you added the moss.

Kathy MacKie said...

Great idea to use burlap-makes them look so country-love it!

cucki said...

Super cute xxx

Jeni said...

Love those pumpkins, Debbie!! Thanks for the link!!

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

Your burlap pumpkins are wonderful!! Every cat we have ever had always tries to eat the moss - good luck!

Firecracker Kid said...

Aww Debbie, they looked great the other way, but this way is great too. You're better than you think you are darling.
Hugs~Carol

Deb said...

Those are some great pumpkins. I don't think that I would ever have thought of using burlap to make them, but it worked out perfectly!

Sew Hungryhippie said...

Lovely pumpkins, I've never done them with burlap before-great rustic touch. :)

Carrie P. said...

those are great. I saw those on the blog.

Jackie said...

These are very cute. Thanks for posting the link also.
I'm on to follow.
Blessings,
Jackie:))

Jackie said...

These are very cute. Thanks for posting the link also.
I'm on to follow.
Blessings,
Jackie:))

Barbara Strobel Lardon said...

Really cute and I have some burlap left over from another project. :)