Friday, September 28, 2012

Burlap Pumpkins!


If any of your follow Cheryl's blog, Country Quilts, you might have seen the wonderful tutorial that she created on her blog. It is a burlap pumpkin and it has easy instructions with photos. Of course, I cannot follow instructions, my brain isn't wired that way, lol.

I used white burlap, which seemed like a good idea, but too white, so I stained them with walnut. I have sticks that I collect and dry, and used pieces of those to make the stems. I don't have any status or toppings that I could add to mine, so for now, I just added the tie. I guess I need to hit the craft store. I didn't glue mine in yet, will wait till I get status and do it all at once. It is a fun and quick project and you can use different colored burlaps or fabrics.

Of course my camera decided to act up and the flash wouldn't work. I used an old wool yarn to tie the sides with.


12 comments:

Karen said...

I like your pumpkins. I wouldn't have thought of burlap for them but they it works so well. Gives a very prim look.

tubilinha tiacarminha said...

Olá,eu vi e fiz,tinha um tecido bem rústico em rosa claro,tingi com chá preto e ficou um pouco mais claro que o seu,usei lã para tapete que é bem grossa.Nós não temos tradição mas...tanta coisa bonita...dia das bruxas é o meu dia.haha.Beijos.

Firecracker Kid said...

Oh cool, burlap punkins! Now you should make some tall ones and fat ones. Only using your brain and no instructions :o)
Hugs~Carol

Deborah OHare said...

So sweet! Apparently pumpkins are in short supply here this year because of our rotten summer. I might have to do some of these instead.

cucki said...

Awww they are so sweet..I love them so much
Hugs xxx

Missie of Traditional Primitives said...

Very cute! I have not gotten to any decorations yet...that's on my list too! LOL...thanks to you and all your cute ideas, my list is growing, growing! Ha Ha! At least I got the wedding gift quilt done for the wedding we are attending today!

Raymond Homestead said...

Those are neat!

marie said...

Cute pumpkins. I went to our local Wal-mart and found sage bulap, so going to make my pumpkins with them.

Melody said...

Very cute.

marie said...

Thanks for the blogger help! Will send photo when I get the pumpkins finished. Got to find some stick now.

Joanne Lendaro said...

Those pumpkins are adorable!!! Good idea on the coupons and the extra's on the table make a great decoration. congrats on the finish of the rug, looks WONDERFUL!!

Libby said...

Those pumpkins are just so super-cute!
Love getting a good bargain on quilting supplies - especially things like thread, batting and such. Saves $$ to use for fun stuff like fabric *s*