Thursday, August 9, 2012

Wedding Pillow: Back Done!

I finished the back of the pillow and it was a lot of stitching, but worth it. I wanted to add a saying, a blessing for their marriage since I would not be at this wedding. It is not as perfect as I would have liked, I was getting tired and my lyme is acting up, so it makes it hard to sew nicely. I took a quick photo, but it does look nicer in person.

I did the lettering in a darker shade so it would show, which is hard to tell by this photo. In bright light is is muted, but in darker light, you can read the saying.

It says: May your joys be as bright as the morning, your years of happiness as numerous, as the stars in the heavens, and your troubles but shadows, that fade in the sunlight of love. You are welcome to use the saying if you would like, for a pillow or something special for a wedding.

I also added the lace and the ring ribbon and flower, but I was not pleased with the stuffing, too bumpy looking. I will go to the store tomorrow to see if I can find something more suitable and was even thinking that I might be able to use quilt batting and fold it together to insert, inside the pillow for a more even look. I am also thinking of adding a satin cording, so will see what they have in the store, I think it will give it a nice finished look. I will take a photo of the finished pillow and scan in the design I used for the top, in case anyone wants to make their own.


11 comments:

acorn hollow said...

so pretty I am sure they will love it.
Cathy

Carrie P. said...

It is a sweet pillow and they will treasure it always.

Firecracker Kid said...

Aww, that's so sweet of you to personalize it and I think the cording around it would top it off just right :)
Hate to hear your lyme is acting up :( Fight the good fight gal.
Hugs~Carol

Primitives By The Light of The Moon said...

What a beautiful pillow and I'm sure they will treasure it! You did a fantastic job :)

Allie said...

That is a beautiful, beautiful treasure, Debbie - what a wonderful gift! I love your saying!

Fiona said...

Beautiful... will be an heirloom...
Hugz

cucki said...

so pretty xxx

Libby said...

Beautiful - it is sure to become an heirloom *s*

Deborah Jennings said...

This is so awesome! My imagination is running away from me. I can just picture this done on so many different items. Besides the Pillows, how about Quilts? Or any type of pieced item.

Thank you so much for this. I love it!

Beckyjean said...

It's beautiful!!

Jenny Bartoy said...

This is so lovely Debbie, I really like this idea!