Friday, August 17, 2012

Bad Boat!


This week my lyme was acting up so I thought I would do something simple. I want to get started on presents for this year, so I thought I would try a name tag in punch needle. I have made them before, but this time, my hands weren't cooperating and I made a mess. I did it in 3 strands and punched too tight and my stitches are uneven and it is just a mess, lol. I finished it anyways and now I can rethink it and do a nicer one.

The name tag is 3 1/2" x 2". What I would like to know is, what size name tag is good to make, something someone can wear to shows or classes, if they want? I think it would be better if I made it a little larger, than I can add more detail and use 6 strands. I am also working on my ark piece. I have it all pinned and started sewing it tonight. I am using the backing for the edge by pulling it to the front. Then I will do an outline stitch on the inside, so hopefully that will be done this weekend.

I tried to take a nice photo, but it is just ugly, nothing helped;)



7 comments:

marie said...

Since I don't punch it looks pretty good to me. A 2 1/2" x 4" is a good name tag size.

Allie said...

Well I think it's gorgeous! I can't punch for anything. It sounds a good size already Debbie, maybe cut some fabric a little bigger and pin it on and see how it feels?

Missie of Traditional Primitives said...

It's darling...no problem at all that I see! I too punched a name tag a while back. I think it is important to be able to read the name from across the table or as you are approaching a person. If someone can read your name, you are good!

cucki said...

Awww it is so cute xxx

Vicki W said...

I think it looks really cute. We are zlways out sorst critics!

Firecracker Kid said...

Debbie I'm sorry to hear you're not feeling so well. I do have to say though, that your name tag looks very good to me and your photo looks good as well. So feel a little comfort in that sweetie :)
Hugs~Carol

Cheryl Lynch Quilts said...

Looks good to me too.We see every little mistake we make that noone else can see. Punch on!