Thursday, August 30, 2012

New and Improved Charity Quilt!


I played with lots of different fabrics to add a border and still keep the fun look, but nothing was working. I found the perfect black with red flowers, but of course it was old stash and not enough. So, I went with the tried and true black and red homespun. This is a heavier weight, so perfect for this quilt. I like how the black frames it but it was too plain and I remembered the black spool of ric rac that I bought. It was perfect, it gave it a fun touch and bought it all together. The photo makes the middle pop and the border got too dark, but in person it looks nice together, at least I think so.

I noticed I didn't get many comments, don't be afraid to voice your opinions.  Do you think the new version is better or am I just off my rocker? LOL

If you would like to know more about the quilt drive, visit Rosemary's blog. It is a nice way for beginner quilters to get into charity quilts, especially for those of us who are quilting challenged.


11 comments:

annie said...

I really like this!

Terry said...

I like it! It looks great! :0)

julieQ said...

I too love it! Great fabric choices!!

Carol Swift said...

I like it better with that dark border. It gives it more definition than the other way. Love it!

Anna said...

oh I really love the rick rack! really cute and gives it an new look!

Fiona said...

I did like the first version but now I see this I love it with the black... it rests the eyes and the ric rac links it all together...
Hugz

moosecraft said...

Love it! You're very creative is using what you have... the ric-rack brings it all together!

Barbara Strobel Lardon said...

I am in agreement with the others. The added border enhances the center pieced area. Really nice.

Joanne Lendaro said...

Great choice of fabrics! It looks like a cozy quilt.

Anonymous said...

I love this one. The black and red border gave it a much neater look. Thanks for sharing.
retirement planning melbourne

Unknown said...

I think it is very nice. When I first glanced at it I thought it was a Snails Trail block. It's the way you have the colors I think. The rick rack is a very nice touch.