Today I wanted to make an eyeglass case. I was thinking of punching one, but nothing was inspiring me. Then I thought about doing a fusible art piece, but couldn't come up with an idea that I liked or the gumption to think of something;) So, I decided to use fabric that I won from Barbara of Cat Patches. On fridays she has a giveaway and she sends a surprise fat quarter and I was the lucky recipient of this fun cat fabric. I used some to make an iPad case and today I decided it would be perfect for an eyeglass case.
The first attempt was a disaster. I was using free motion and got carried away and broke the needle, so started over. This time, I took it slower and outlined the blocks and the designs, not perfectly but it was good practice to try and follow them with free motion quilting. I realized after I did that, that I should have closed the top first and then realized I should have sewn the backing on first to get a nice finished edge and then used a blanket stitch to attach the wool back, like I did with the punch needle case. Not the best looking case, but it will suffice for now and it keeps my glasses safe from getting broken.
Here is an example of, what not to do;)