Sunday, October 9, 2011

A Day at the Lighthouse!


Today I was tired, from  yesterday, so a good day to rest. So, I went shopping and got some needed supplies with my coupons. Then I came home and it was way to nice to sit in the house, so I decided it would be a nice day for a drive to Jamestown, and visit the Beavertail Lighthouse.


It was really hot today and even on the ocean the sun was beating down on us, but it was too beautiful out, not to enjoy a walk around the cliffs.
This is the Narragansett bay side, the land across the bay is the area where I grew up. 


The opposite side of the point, faces Newport. As  you can see, a lot of boats were out today and a lot needing help. The barge is being pushed by a tug and the boater had engine trouble, so they were getting ready to be towed by the boaters version of triple A.


An empty canvas


A painted painter


On the road back there is another area called Fort Getty. From this point you can see Dutch Island and the Light House. Another beautiful day and lots of walking and too much heat and beating myself to death again, but it was worth it;)


9 comments:

Allie said...

You live in such a beautiful place, thank you for sharing the pictures! It's too hard to stay inside with the weather like this, isn't it? The cold will be here before we know it. Don't waste a minute of it!

Dorothy said...

My friend and her DH are over there on holiday. She is staying a week on one of the islands. She was taking her sewing with her as it was going to be very basic and no TV. Your photos look wonderful.

moosecraft said...

What a beautiful place to live! Everything seems so peaceful there... the water is so relaxing to look at. Glad you had a nice day out in the sunshine!

acorn hollow said...

Very pretty the weather was so wonderful this weekend.
Cathy

Kathy (woolfind) said...

What a beautiful day!

Anonymous said...

Just beautiful and you always share some awesome photos. I'm really loving the area to live.

TheCrankyCrow said...

Beautiful landscapes as always Deb - love the photos of the blank canvas and the painted artist....Very cool...Have a great week! Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

Sinta Renee said...

Love the photos of your day! I have been there while visiting family. Makes me wish I was back there again.

Carrie P. said...

those are such neat light houses. I really like to see if we can find them when we go on the coast. They are all so fascinating.