Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Surprises in the Mail!




I love entering contests and this month, I have been lucky enough to win a few.
This week has been mostly downs, but I keep plugging along and getting surprises in the mail, sure brightens my day.

One prize, I haven't gotten yet, but it is on it's way. I won a Rolling pin spice shelf from Carol of Firecracker Kid Primitives.
It also has a place for wooden spoons, I just love it and I picked out black. I do love the mustard though, but I decided since I have a lot of black pieces and never know what colors I might go with next, black will match anything. Carol has a lot of wonderful prim pieces that she and her husband make, I definitely have my eyes on a few things and they are always willing to customize items or make something to suit your needs.



Another wonderful prize was from Sharon of Moosecraft. I won this wonderful book. I have my eye for a couple of the quilts in the future. I really want to do some real quilting but my brain is still out in the fog;)



And a surprise from my friend Bren, who I originally met in a rug hooking group and is now a member of our PRIMUSA group on ebay. She said she had made this for me and never got a chance to send it, so decided now was a good time, to cheer me up. I love it and I am going to use it on my bench for fall, which isn't too far away. Summer sure is going by too fast. But while I am stuck at home, the generosity of friends and all of your well wishes, brighten my day.

This is the perfect size for my bench, and I can place items on it and still have the pumpkins showing. Bren who has been going through her own troubles, lately, still have time for others. I have also won some fabric and hope to make some charity quilts as soon as I am up to it. With winter coming, warm quilts are needed by shelters and Vicky has set up a wonderful blog where you can read about her cause and maybe donate a quilt to those in need.


19 comments:

Primitives By The Light of The Moon said...

Oh those are such wonderful gifts to be receiving in the mail. The spice shelf will be awesome and the book looks like it holds a lot of different patterns that will keep you busy.
The little pumpkin mat is just beautiful....love those fall colors!
Hope you start feeling better soon.

Linda said...

You are going to love that book!! I practically want to make every single quilt!! :-)

TheCrankyCrow said...

What great goodies your post box has been holding for you! A new project book is always fun - and the mat from Bren is adorable. And I love, love, love, the shelf from The Kid...Can't wait to see it in black...That was the hardest part of her giveaway...choosing a color!! Enjoy sweetie - and heal! Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

Firecracker Kid said...

Deb, you're receiving positive energy and virtual hugs, with more coming your way. Nice gifts, and you even had to work to win mine... LOL.
Hugs~Carol

Fiona said...

Those are lovely gifts and wins.... it certainly does cheer one up to get something in the post...
Hugz

Sassafras and Winterberry said...

Nice haul! I adore that shelf and the pumpkin quilt is the best. I want one! LOL

I hope that you start to feel like your old self with health and energy very soon so you can enjoy the fall! All my best.

acorn hollow said...

Lots of wonderful gifts. It always raises your spirits to know you are remembered
Cathy

moosecraft said...

Love that rolling pin spice rack! Wowie!!! Bren's quilt is perfect with the pumpkins! Glad you are enjoying your book... get better soon!

Kathy (woolfind) said...

All of those would bring smiles to anyone! Great wooden rack. Can't wait to see what you create with your new book, and Bren did an amazing job with your little quilt! Sounds great the way you will display it.

Nancy said...

Can I come over and rub your head for luck? It has been a while since I won but I do keep trying. I love the spice rack. What a great piece to add to your kitchen.

Deb said...

Wow! Did you win some goodies. I'm in love with that spice shelf!

Sending positive thoughts your way!!!

primitivebettys said...

WOW! You have some great goodies & are always so lucky!! :)

HomeSpunPrims said...

That's a great shelf Debbie. I would be like you and choose black so it could go anywhere. Enjoy your book from Sharon and the wonderful quilt from Bren. Sending prayers and thoughts of healing your way. Hugs, Lori

~Madalynne~ said...

That's a gorgeous piece from Firecracker Kid ~ bet it looks great in black.

Lori said...

What a lovely way to have your week brightened!

Soggibottom said...

You won them, you deserve them :-)
Sometimes things always arrive just at the right time.
Summer is moving along much too fast.
Your book looks as if it will keep you busy, get well soon Debbie, Give the mogs a huge hug and make sure they all look after you
:-) xxx

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Allie said...

I'm sorry to hear it's been a rough week, hon...but so glad you got some lovely gifts in the mail! That spice shelf is awesome and I LOVE the book and pumpkin runner. I hope you're feeling better soon!

quiltsbycheri said...

WOW!!! what wonderful gifts you received, lucky and much loved girl...the pumpkin mat is just to cute...enjoy all your new pieces...