Monday, August 29, 2011

The Calm after the Storm!


We were lucky, we got a lot of wind and rain, but no damage.
We did lose power, but then again, so did most of RI, lol.
We have a generator, so we were fine, just annoying to have it rumbling all day and night and cords all over the house.
At night, no lights so I walked into a few things, but now the power is on, so I can keep my night light on.

Today was so beautiful, sunny and warm with a cool breeze, the perfect day.
Without power, the doctor was closed, so have to go tomorrow. We decided to go to the town beach and see how the village looked and if there was a lifeguard still. I wanted to paddle from the beach, but you can't during the summer season and the lifeguards were still there along with a sign, no swimming. The heavy rains create bacteria in the coves, so they were being safe and no paddling today:(

I did get the house all cleaned again, cooking and laundry, so I can have fun tomorrow after the docs.
My garden looks sad, the wind really bent my plants down, but they are still rooted and growing, so at least I can still get fresh vegetables. I hope all of you that are still in bad areas, are able to get things cleaned up and back to normal. Prayers to those in Vermont who are going through the terrible floods.

12 comments:

acorn hollow said...

glad you are safe and sound we too are having floods I had to go way out of the way to get to work today. Have a great day.
Cathy

Allie said...

So glad you have your power back on, I heard half of RI won't get it back before the weekend...and oh my those floods in Vermont and upstate NY are just horrible. Total devastation there, so sad.

Carole said...

Wanna come over and clean my house?! lol I cannot keep up with it all. Spent the whole afternoon cleaning out the pool as a result of Irene's visit. What a gorgeous day it was!

Love your little Halloween stitcheries! You are so talented! Thanks for sharing! Cheers!

TheCrankyCrow said...

So glad you are safe and sound on the other side of Irene....We lose power more and more often here - last time it was hours AFTER the storm rumbled through. I have been bugging the DH to get a generator, but he says it will cost thousands of dollars....ahh...all it takes is one winter ice storm like we had a few years back and being without power for 3 days in below 0 temps - and I say, it's priceless!! Hope the doc visit goes well and you have fun afterwards! Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

Barbara said...

Glad things worked out okay for you.

Fiona said...

Glad you are fine - and hopefully the plants won't take too long to recover...
Hugz

Kathy (woolfind) said...

Glad the storm is over for everyone.You'll be paddling before you know it. Have to giggle. My first thought of your picture, was that it was a beached whale! lol. Had to enlarge it to see it up close..

~Madalynne~ said...

Glad you're okay Debbie. Our surrounding areas had horrible flooding. They were still evacuating yesterday. You're so lucky to have a generator. There's a nagging little voice in the back of my head telling me to get one, but will probably procrastinate until we have to sit in the dark for a couple of days.

Jacque. said...

Debbie...so glad that things were not too bad for you there. Hope your day goes well.

Anonymous said...

Do you know that initially I thought that was a beached whale in the photo?! OMG my heart just pitter pattered! Glad all is well.

Libby said...

Good to hear that you fared well in the storm. It looks like it left a lot of mess in its wake for folks back there .

Soggibottom said...

I had to click twice to see that it wasn't a whale....
As long as everyone is safe.
:-) xxx