Friday, January 12, 2024

Friday working on!

 It seems I haven't had as much time to work on projects lately. I spend more time cleaning and reorganizing and figuring out what to get rid of, I have too much stuff. I work on hand quilting at night. This is an old quilt, I had sitting on the shelf. Now I wish I had used the machine, the quilt was made on an old machine and not the best quality, but I find hand quilting relaxing, so I do that for my more primitive quilts. I am just doing an outline stitch, and working a row at a time, so slow going.



We get out when we can, but with so many storms, the ocean areas are getting slammed with damage. A lot of the beach parking is closed as they clean them up and tonight we have another storm coming. Some areas are still under water and the river areas are just as bad. 

We are able to enjoy some birding in the pond areas, they move further in, in the winter. I was thrilled to spot a Merlin at the cove.




And a few of the birds, we say along the way. I even spotted a seal, but he went under before I could get a shot.




Today we had a nicer day and went to the island. One area was still undergoing clean up, but our favorite beach was a protected area, so we got to enjoy time on the beach without any people.



And I found a few treasures. The dark heart is green glass, I found a few pieces of dark green today. Even a dog tag, which I have an idea for. Hopefully I can get organized and start making some art pieces with my finds.

I hope you all have a nice weekend and the weather calms down, so much destruction in so many areas.



2 comments:

TheCrankyCrow said...

I always find hand stitching in the evenings pleasant as well...makes me wonder why I haven't finished binding my hooked rugs. LOL Your capture of the falcon is wonderful...I've never seen one up close. You found some fun treasures on this outing. That one piece almost looks like the stopper part of a decanter. It is difficult to believe you are wandering beaches collecting glass and such when here we are on the backside of a nasty snow storm and bracing ourselves for arctic temps. Enjoy while you can! ~Robin~

Rugs and Pugs said...

The colors in the old quilt are so calming. It will be beautiful when done.