Friday, November 19, 2021

Friday Finishes!

 

This week I have been busy, being Lazy. I spent more time working on projects for fun and got a few new things made for the boys. The first finish are a pair of pillows with Balsam filling. I love having some for the house and giving them as gifts, nice for those who don't have a real tree.

The design is by Robin of Bird in the Hand Primitives. She offered this as a free design years ago and again on her Facebook page. It is a fun design to do and would be fun in punch needle too.



I also dabbled a bit with needle felting. I bought a pack of cookie cutters and used them to form a base for some little ornaments. I do find it easier to free hand but it is fun to try the cutters to get started.



I saw a cute little reindeer and wanted to try one for the boys. Mine did not come out the same, and this photo does make it look funny, but it is cute in person. I have a variety of wool roving and some is harder to work with. I think it would have been easier if I didn't use a scratchy wool.



And on nice days we spend our time at the beaches. Not as much glass lately, but just walking along the beach is enough.



This area has another beach we visit, beautiful views of the bay and Newport.



And during the week I enjoy sitting on the porch and watching my feathered friends. This is the brother and sister of the adult pair, I guess they decided to stay. The yard photo was enhanced a bit, but it was beautiful with the setting sun, beaming down on the tops of the trees. This week will be busy, cleaning and cooking, for Thanksgiving. I hope you all have a wonderful week and holiday.



3 comments:

TheCrankyCrow said...

Your pillow tucks and felt creations are adorable!! I'm partial to the deer...especially that sweet felted one! The boys will love him!! So strange to still see leaves on the trees....Here they are all completely bare and have been for some time. Enjoy your holiday and family time! ~Robin~

QuiltGranma said...

Ah, beautiful... the birds and the trees too.

Rajani Rehana said...

Please read my post