Friday, October 25, 2019

Friday Finish!


I have decided it is time to get going on Christmas, it comes so quick and I am always rushing, so I am starting early. A friend gifted me an older book, Kindred Spirits Christmas. I love the older books and designs, they are prim, easy to work up and can be modified, if I want.

This one was a large stitchery, so I reduced it for a smaller pillow. It is 9" x 7", just the right size to set in a grouping or on a cupboard. I really love the design and think it would be fun in bright colors or with applique figures, so I may do another for people who don't do prim. The material on this one is a medium brown, but it is hard to see that in the photo, this one I may keep for me.


I also want to do at least one new thing each week, something I can make to give or hide in stores during the holiday. I loved doing this, it worked up quick and you can use felt, which is easy to get. I happened to win a batch, years ago, so now I can use the green bolt for these trees. If you like the idea of giving gifts to others, just to bring a smile, you can check out my facebook group; DSmiles4miles.

I didn't add a hanger yet, but I will add a tag with a saying and the group name. I hope you all have a wonderful weekend, we have one nice day and one rain day, so I plan on making the most of tomorrow and checking out areas, we missed last week.

The pattern for the trees and other free felt patterns can be found at Touch the Beauty.



4 comments:

Kate said...

I love your trees, Debbie, their faces make me smile. I like the sentiment on your pillow. It's good to get a start on Christmas - enjoy.

Fiona said...

The pillow is so lovely and those trees certainly look happy for Christmas.... hiding some special gifts is a lovely idea...
Hugz

Rugs and Pugs said...

Surprising someone with an unexpected gift is such a thoughtful way to make someone's day :)

Karen said...

About what size is the pillow. The stitchery makes up well in it.