Monday, May 6, 2019

Monday Finish and Finds!


This weekend I was able to get more work done on my new rock, we had rain on Sunday and today I finished the last of it. It is a bit shiny since the spray finish was still setting. But I need the higher shine since it will be sitting outside.

The design came from a rock painting book by Lin Welford. She has several books for animals and painting on rocks, that have easy to follow patterns and diagrams for each step. Of course I never follow directions and added a few of my own touches. I really do think I do better when I go from a photo, when I try something simple, I make more of a mess, lol. I like the idea of doing churches that I have taken photos of, I just need to find the right shapes.



We were able to enjoy a day at the beach, even though it sprinkled on us, a few times. The good thing was, no people and Bean got to play off leash. I found a few nice pieces, but with a dreary day, it is harder to see glass with all the wet rocks on the beach.



Since we had more time, and the tide was at it's lowest, we were able to walk along the entire beach. It is good to get some walking in and I did find a nice piece of driftwood. The photo is deceiving, I am at the farthest end that you can walk, before you hit cliffs and looking back, there are rock areas and small beaches in between each one, until you get back to the sandier end.



The Rocks in this area are carved out by the strong waves, they remind me of a landscape in the mid-west. It was nice to get out, before the rainy Sunday.


6 comments:

gracie said...

Love your oainted rocks.

acorn hollow said...

I love your church it will look great in the garden. You have so much sea glass a this point.
We did not get rain on sunday just clouds.
Cathy

Anna said...

What a lovely way to spend the day! I really love your rock painting...wish I had time to fit in one more craft...but alas my brain is full, lol

Rugs and Pugs said...

Your chapel rock looks great!

TheCrankyCrow said...

That chapel is adorable...absolutely love the little stained glass windows! I used to rosemal...and do some acrylic painting...but I don’t think it was my calling...I am just not that creative or visual. So, I struggle with my rocks for the group...Besides, living out in the neverlands of Nod, I am quite “removed” from the hub of where rocks are hid and found....but I hope to overcome that as I know what it would mean to me to find one. Yours, though, will be absolutely cherished by the boys in your garden. ~Robin~

Susan said...

The beach looks lovely. I prefer the beach on cloudy, empty days myself. That looks like a lot of lovely mermaid glass for projects. The chapel is wonderful and a keeper, I think. This sounds like a lovely day of relaxation and calm.