This week I worked on my baby quilt. I wanted to hand quilt it and I actually find that relaxing, though it does take longer than machine quilting, so not a good idea if I want to make charity quilts. I noticed that I was not going through the backing, so I decided to just quilt the top and attach the back with the ties.
It made it a lot easier and faster to quilt, but not the best way to attach the back, since there are only a few ties. I did quilt the back on the outer edge. It is not perfectly pieced, but I like how it came out. The outer edge is a darker black, the flash messed with the colors and print. The finished quilt is about 34" x 28".
And here is a close up of the stitching. I decided to add a heart in the center of the solid squares.
And here is the back. Here you can see where the problem with attaching the back last, has happened. Once I washed and dried it, it puckered up, worse on the outer edges. I am not sure what to do with the quilt, I really don't want to take it apart and not sure if anyone would want it. Time to start using my quilting machine.