Friday, October 23, 2015

Friday (un) Finish!


I want to thank all for the wonderful comments each week, it means a lot to me that you take the time to comment and I appreciate each and every one, even when I cannot answer or forget.

This week I worked on a punch needle that was a design in the winter issue of Primitive Quilts and Projects. The design is by Tonya Robey of Mad Hen Primitives. The original is a hooked rug. I love Tonya's designs and this was a perfect one to punch. My plan is to make it into  pillow for a gift. I am not happy with the kitty face, needs tweaking and I still have to add the border. This just made it into my punch frame so I will have to put it on my rug frame to finish off the edge and border.

I used Dmc threads, 6 strands. The design is done with a higher height and I went down in height for the background, hard to see in a photo. Once I finish it, I will give it a light wash of antique medium to tone down the brighter colors and give it a more worn look.

The face shows up in the photo since it gets lightened, but it is really too dark to show, in person.


This weekend I will have my grandson. Today I went out and got him a play set and some coloring items, so he has his own toys here. I was also looking for things to do with him and found some new free patterns that you might like to do, while I was searching.

Looking for a no sew pumpkin that you can make with the kids? Or for those of us who are lazy, I like this idea, you just need some styrofoam balls and scrap fabrics. You can find the directions at Think Crafts. I think this is a site that I will explore more when I have the time.


At Trish's Crafts, you can find a really fun witch that is quick and easy. It is a pattern that you could change and do in any style and have fun with the materials.

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend and lots of fun creating and spending time with your family.



13 comments:

Allie-oops Designs said...

Ooh Debbie that is really sweet - I love your kitty!!! Thanks for the links, and have fun with your grandbaby!

Farmhouse prims said...

Hi Deb, do I ever love your needle punch. Thank you for sharing the links too. hugs, Lecia

Jacqueline said...

Aren't grandkids just the best to be with. Thanks for sharing.

Saundra said...

Great and FAST punching on Tonya's design. I thought it was cute too and perhaps this will be on my list of mats to hook as well. Presently I still have my sheep UFO, still binding the Broom Ride rug (about half done), working on my Out of Hand Challenge and in two weeks will start yet another rug at rug camp, the last one for this year.

Kate said...

Debbie, I like your punch needle piece. Thanks for the links and have fun with Nicholas today.

Karen said...

Oh, the cat piece is wonderful!

Sandi said...

Lovely finish Debbie, I like your pops of teal and gold threads you chose.

Cute idea to use the styrofoam ball rather than stuffing the pumpkin, thanks for sharing the sites...don't forget to give your witch a wart!

acorn hollow said...

I have to get back to punch needle I am so horrible at it but when I look at your sweet pieces I want to do it all over again. Enjoy that grandbaby. Love the pumpkins.
Cathy

Rugs and Pugs said...

Love the punch needle piece. Someone will be very lucky this Christmas.
Hugs :)
Lauren

The Eveningstitcher said...

Love you punch needle design, Deb! I love that pattern..Tonya has really cool designs. Have fun with that grandbaby!!!

Jackie said...

I love your kitty! (I use rug hooking patterns for punch needle, too.)

Fiona said...

I always love your needlepunch.... I keep toys here too for grandson.... the little scraps of fabric are popular... we glue them on things...

Hugz

paulette said...

Your kitty is wonderful! Thanks for the link for the other project! Off to check it out!
p