Monday, May 21, 2018

Not much Monday!


This weekend went by fast, and one day was rain. The good thing is I got some shopping done and one thing we bought was a sink for the basement bathroom. I want to use my room to paint in, but no place to get water or wash my brushes, so hopefully it will be done before the summer is over;) I looked at sinks and they were all small and then I saw a laundry room sink, it is just the right size with a large, deep basin. It will also be great for rinsing wool when I get back into dying.

I did work a bit on my Laurel Burch panel. I decided it is going to be a bolster style pillow. If it fits, I may use it in the trailer for the dining table. We need a couch more than a table, so I will put it down and use the pillow for the back area, so we have a comfy spot to sit while we watch the one channel we can get, lol.

I am hand quilting, keeping it simple by following the gold lines and some of the insides of the leaves and leaving others, as is. It is more of a project to keep my hands busy when I have down time, I find it relaxing and I don't have to worry about getting up for supplies, just a needle and thread.


Sunday was a cloudy day and foggy at the ocean, but a great day for the beach with no crowds. We get a discount season pass for the state beaches, being old has its benefits. And it has its disadvantages. What was supposed to be a walk on the beach, since the tide was high, ended up in a treasure hunt, so my joints are paying for all the bending. I got some nice pieces and I am sure I could have gotten more, but rain was coming in and we had to miss the full low tide.

I need to have Bill get some of the old boards I have been saving. They are from a bureau that belonged to my grandfather and was falling apart, so I saved the good boards. I think they would be perfect for making beach art.


10 comments:

Lady Locust said...

What a fun piece. I too like needlework for the same reason 😊

acorn hollow said...

love your quilt very colorful! you are getting a lot of sea glass so looking forward to your creations.
Cathy

Saundra said...

Very pretty and will be lovely however you use it.

Sandi said...

Yesterday was Victoria Day in Canada giving us a long weekend and I totally spaced that it was Monday and you usually do a post on Mondays!

We've had a warm spell with clouds but not rain that cleared most afternoons or woke up to sunshine as we did today.

You are getting a huge stash if glass my friend, looking forward to what you do with it all! Enjoy.

Fiona said...

great idea to get a big sink in the basement to use.... love the hand work on your panel...
Hugz

Julie Fukuda said...

My weekend was camp and my craft was leatherworking. Luckily the predicted rain fell the night before and the kids could have a good campout with plenty of activities. You are going to have fun with the glass collection.

Allie-oops Designs said...

Love the quilting, I agree it's a lovely way to relax. Nice treasures!

Karen said...

The Laurel Burch piece has brilliant colors.

Dawn said...

The new sink sounds like a good plan. Your hand quilting is really pretty, and will be fun in the camper.
Love the beach glass, something about the color and smoothness I guess.

Anna said...

You are so clever😀. Love the beach glass!