Friday, February 16, 2018

Friday Finish!


This week I made a new piece with a free design by Cheri, from her Facebook group, Quilts by Cheri, friendship group. The original is done differently, and I wanted something simpler, so I kept the design on one piece and did it as a pillow.

The finished design is 9" x 12". I made up a drawing of my version and you can find it in the files section, as well as, numerous old designs and new ones that Cheri has shared with the group.


I also had a gift certificate to the Quilted Crow, and I finally used it. It only took a few months to make up my mind. I got Wool & Needle flannels to add to my collection. I have a pack of fat quarters that was gifted to me, then I got some yardage but I needed some lights to balance it all out. Now I am ready to plan a quilt with them. I also got some extra Seasonal Gatherings birds, have used all that I had and love using it in Christmas pieces. The check it to go with the sailor piece, that a friend sent me, it will be used as a border for a quilt in my beach room. And I treated myself to a couple of patterns, one for the beach room and the preprinted stitcheries I got as a treat since I loved seeing the ones done up and want to make some of my own.

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend. We have weather coming in, so not sure if I will get beach time.




11 comments:

Lady Locust said...

Love your new treasures. Nice colors. We are having weather here too. About 5" of snow at the moment.

Sandi said...

Lovely choices for your shopping spree Debbie. You finishe the pillow nicely love how you made it all one piece.

Have a lovely weekend, we had a great sunny afternoon and more daffodils coming into bloom along with some crocuses.

May the sunny days come with more frequency to all of us.

Daffycat said...

I am so glad to hear someone else has trouble spending gift certificates! It takes me forever! But I can spend plain money with no problem!

gracie said...

A lovely design. You made nice choices with the gift certificate.

Kate said...

Lo ve what you did with your pillow, Debbie!

acorn hollow said...

love your new piece and now you have lots of material to keep you going
for once we are not going to get much out of this storm fine by me we have plenty.
Cathy

Saundra said...

Nice finish and more supplies to produce more crafts. Have fun.

Allie-oops Designs said...

Love your Cheri pillow!!! That one's on my list. Really love all the goodies you got!

Karen said...

I like how the pot of flowers is outlined by the black.

Fiona said...

thats a very sweet cushion..... and I love your new fabrics and wools.... I have seen some sweet wool cats on facebook which are tempting me...
Hugz

Rugs and Pugs said...

You are always so productive!!!