Monday, January 15, 2018

Weekend Wanderings!


Another cold weekend, so shopping was more on the agenda than going for walks. The good thing is, we got to enjoy a few nice rides and check out the frozen scenery.

We drove down some back roads to see the rivers. With the snow and rain melting it all, the rivers were running fast and high. This area is part of an old mill village. There are mills all along the different sections and the main mill was a textile mill.


With the rising rivers, it meant rising waters. The boat ramp was getting swallowed up. A lot of people like to start here and go down river, along the rapids. We always start further down and paddle the slower moving, section. I noticed a few areas that I can get down to the mill section, so when the weather is better, I will have to do some exploring.


On Sunday we did our ride to the ocean. It is nice to get out and hit the stores at the south end and then enjoy the scenic drive, along the waterways to the ocean. The problem was, way too cold to get out. On the way home, we stopped at the boat launch in town. Even with the rains, the cove is still half frozen.


There are still boats in the water and I was surprised to see this pirate ship at the docks. I heard it is wintering in our harbor. It is actually a motor boat that was outfitted with a pirate facade. Even comes with it's own lady pirate.


I love shopping this time of year, got some great bargains and even found a large Glitter house church with lights for only 3.50. Another thing I have been looking at is bean bag chairs. I thought it might be a fun and comfy chair for my room, something I can sack out in when I am drawing or creating. I was surprised when I found one in a TJ Maxx home store and a matching ottoman, and half the price. So, it came home with me and it is so comfortable, but it is a lot bigger than I thought, lol. Now I have to redo my room, maybe time to get rid of things I just stuck in there. I will have to find a nice crate to use as a table.


For now I decided to leave the chaise in the room and I actually like it much better, now that it is in the other corner. Seems more cozy and with some large pillows and a quilt, it will be another cozy spot to relax. Still a work in progress, so I may change my mind again.

I hope you all had a wonderful weekend. Time to get going on my projects and I even found two new greens to match up my stockings better.


8 comments:

Karen said...

You are a bargain humter supreme.

acorn hollow said...

that looks like a nice cozy place to hang out to wait out the winter. We had flooding in our town near the college but other than that we were ok. I am ready for spring.
Cathy

Saundra said...

Since I didn't sleep too well last night I could definitely fall into that comfy pillow and take a nap; it looks very inviting. I walked yesterday outside even tho it was very cold, only walked a mile tho.

gracie said...

Love the chaise for relaxing....the rivers look cold...brrr!

Sandi said...

Love the look your room is taking on. The ship lap looks great. Your bean bag chair and ottoman look cozy, I've never been a fan of them, I find them too hard to get up from.

Wonderful photos on such a cold weekend, I can't believe you're wishing a happy weekend on Monday night!

Storm system rolling I. With huge range drops but can see some blue skies coming along which is great. Enjoy your day.

Fiona said...

Gotta love a bargain.... the chair looks very comfortable and snuggly too. gosh all that ice and cold looks so beautiful - I can't imagine that kind of cold...
Hugz

Allie-oops Designs said...

Love your pictures! I don't even want to leave the house when it's cold. Your new bean bag chair is great, looks like a really cozy comfy room!!

Rugs and Pugs said...

I just love a bargain!