Monday, March 20, 2017

Stitcheries and Scenery!


This week I received a newsletter and noticed a free stitchery. I realized that it is a monthly stitchery and each one has an inspirational saying. I missed two, but was able to still get them, so if you are interested, you can get all of them still, to catch up.

This is the latest one, I worked backwards. I think it will make a nice gift and I am doing mine in a smaller version for either a wall hanging or lap quilt. I left some extra, my blocks will be around 5" and maybe a red floral print for sashing. You can find the designs at Suzy's Sitcom.


My latest fall has put me in more pain, so I can only do so much. Today it is mostly rest. This weekend I really had to get out of the house so we drove to the light house. It was a bit windy and cool, but it felt so nice to get out in the fresh air and walk around the circle.

I took a close up, wide angle of the light tower. We ran into a man who liked to talk and told us about his dad who ran the lighthouse at one time.


Lots of people like to bike in the area, too many hills for me. You do not want to be going by, when the fog horns go off.


On the way back we passed one of the many farms and I saw a scene, I had to stop and get a shot of. The goats were all trying to get at the hay pile, but I couldn't get close up, lots of wire fencing and a large dog who was guarding them. I would love to live on a  farm like this, they are on the salt water inlets and have amazing views of the bays on both sides.

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend and an amazing week.



9 comments:

annie said...

Hope you start to feel better, pain sure is no fun!
Loved your stitching, very pretty with the red.
Lovely photos, I would not like that fog horn either!
From close up!

acorn hollow said...

So Sorry you are in pain never good. Love your pictures and that farm looks so wonderful
Cathy

Karen said...

I don't know how you find all these newsletters and freebies. I signed up for the one you just mentioned.

Kate said...

Debbie, such beautiful photos!! It would have been most enjoyable to talk with the fella about the lighthouse - just bet he'd have some good stories to tell. Thank you for the link. Take care of yourself and heal quickly.

Sandi said...

Those birds are hilarious! The one closer to the eggs seems to be saying...back off precious cargo..

Lovely day fot photos the farm looks very inviting and peaceful.

Feel better soon.

Rugs and Pugs said...

Sweet stitchery ~ as always.
Happy spring :)

KaHolly said...

Lovely stitchery! I had a little spill this winter and took a massive blow to my rib cage. It was scary and certainly a wake up call! We must be more careful! Enjoyed your walk to the lighthouse. Thanks for taking us along!

Fiona said...

I hope you are feeling better each day... great you still got about. Goats are so fun to watch - they can be real characters...
Hugz

Julie Fukuda said...

The scenes look so peaceful and those goats look very determined each to get his share. Glad you were able to get out a bit. Easy does it!