Monday, April 4, 2016

Monday works in progress!


This weekend I worked on the latest free BOM from Buttermilk Basin. They are really fun to do and work up quickly, I can't wait for the next one, it will be a double, so I can't wait to see what she has planned for the extra longer block.

The original calls for a female cardinal but I saw a lot of Blue Jays being done and since my letters are red and we do get a lot of Blue Jays in the winter, I made mine into a Blue Jay.


This is what I have so far, I love how they look together and it will be nice to have a beautiful quilt, I can hang for next Christmas.


Another project that I started is, a freebie from Cheri's Facebook Group. I am doing mine with scraps and homespuns and will decide if I want to make changes, after I sew the blocks together. There are flowers and a chicken that will be going on, so I will sew them together next and add those and see how it looks.

This is what I have so far, can't wait to finish and hang it on the wall. The pattern is called Jane's Baskets.

I wanted to thank you all for your good wishes. I am always sick or in pain, but when you live with it as long as I have,  you get used to living with it. It has just been a tough year and this is a tough month, and having the support and love from my online friends, means a lot to me.


13 comments:

Sandi said...

Love your LET I can hardly wait for the next blocks either.

Love your Jane and Baskets, I may have to trace it out, found som bright homespuns I bought a while ago and haven't cut into. Would be a contrast to yours to be sure.

Rugs and Pugs said...

Debbie,
It has to be so hard to live being sick and/or in pain. You have a great attitude and you sure don't let it get you down.
I LOVE Jane's baskets.
Hugs :)
Lauren

The Eveningstitcher said...

Love your applique designs and the basket quilt is beautiful!! Wishing you to have good health and hope you feel better...

Melody said...

Absolutely love these projects. Just my cup of tea.

acorn hollow said...

Love love love your work. You are so strong in so many ways just amazing
Cathy

Kate said...

Love both projects you're working on, Debbie.
This is a tough month for you - hang in there. Hugs.

Saundra said...

That will make a cute quilt to decorate with next Christmas. I have pain everyday too; always in my hands and feet due to arthritis and bunions but also sometimes the back, neck or various places. I don't take pain meds or I'd be medicated everyday so I've just gotten used to that being my normal.

Jacque. said...

Great projects, Debbie! Enjoy seeing what you're working on.

moosecraft said...

Both of these are stitched beautifully... but, I L*O*V*E that Cheri one with the baskets! Such a great design! :-)

Julie Fukuda said...

Those are just so great and I am enjoying seeing them go together ... like a carrot dangling before a horse, I wish I could make one too.
I find life to be something like a grindstone ... whether it grinds you down or polishes you up, depends on the stuff you are made of.
After a while you get better at choosing the things that will get you down too.
I, too, have found a lot of comfort and understanding in my blogging friends.

Unknown said...

Your "let" applique is very nice, especially by using the aged cotton background fabric. I will have to look at her patterns. Thanks for sharing your beautiful work.

Allie said...

how sweet is that - love your little blue jay! Jane's baskets are coming along very nicely. I'm very familiar with living with pain too - it helps to keep busy, for sure. You have a great attitude, Debbie, and I'm thankful for it.

Carole said...

Just finished catching up! You are such a prolific quilter. I'm in awe of your work. Just beautiful! Take good care of yourself! Cheers!