Friday, April 15, 2016

Friday Finishes and Winner!


This week I have been working on several projects. The first is a pillow that I made the top for and never finished, so I decided it was time to finish it. The design is from Rebekah Smith's book, Wool Appliqué. This one I did in full size, but I made the pillow back too small, so I ended up cutting off some edges to fit it better.

This one is for me, love kitties and fun to have something new I can decorate with.


The second piece I wanted to finish by today, but it does not fit in the frames I have, so I have to rethink the finish. It is a design from the Spring issue of Primitive Quilts and Projects. It was fun and quick to do, just wish I had reduced it a bit so it would fit in the frame better. This will be another item for the gift box.


The Winner! I used the random number generator and #3, Sandi of Shhdesigns is the winner of one of my patterns. Congratulations to Sandi and you can email me with your choice of pattern or booklet.

Tomorrow is Danielle's birthday, she would have been 31. I plan on getting some spring flowers that I can plant in the front of her grave and grow through the summer, but not sure if the stores have them yet. I also want to get out and enjoy this beautiful weather, a nice walk is just what I need.

I made up a card for her, it is from her first birthdays. I had forgotten a lot of things and seeing the photos brings back such wonderful memories and years of joys that we shared together. I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend.




13 comments:

marie said...

Your cat pillow is adorable. You did a good job. guess you'll have to find a slightly larger frame for your other project. Spring flowers, are here in the NW so you should have them too, try Wal-Mart or Lowes or Home Depot. I got a peony with two buds at Safeway yesterday for $8.
Think happy thoughts on Danielle's birthday. I know how much she is miss. Take care.

The Eveningstitcher said...

The pictures of your daughter are just precious, Debbie...I'm sure they bring joy when looking at them. I love looking at pictures when my kids were little...it makes you realize how special that small amount of time was...I always say I wish I could go back even for one day.

Your pillow is so nice! I love Rebekah's book, but I haven't done one project out of it...sorry to say! I love your stitcheries too!

Sandi said...

Debbie, your finishes are lovely and your collage of Danielle early birthdays are so sweet. Such innocence and joy. I'm thinking of you tomorrow and your dear husband. May you find some special memories to share with each other.

Thank your for picking my name as a winner, an inspected surprise. I'll check out your patterns and pamphlets and let your know which I'd like.

Kate said...

Both pieces are beautiful, Debbie, and I especially like the second one!!!
It's a lovely card that you made for Danielle's b.d. - enjoy the precious memories.
Hugs.

Saundra said...

I especially like the first cat project. Interesting in what speaks to people because Kate likes the second one best. That is nice too but the pillow design is my fav. Perhaps because I could see that hooked as well.

Dawn said...

Beautiful card, very special.
I love your finishes. I don't know what is cuter the button eyed cat or dotty hearts.
Thank you for sharing!
We have spring flowers/plants in the stores, but we are getting heavy snow today.

gracie said...

Love the pillow....

Rugs and Pugs said...

Love your Rebekah finish!
Happy birthday in heaven to Danielle.
Hugs,
Lauren

Fiona said...

I love your cat pillow.... Spring flowers would be lovely if you can get them and a lovely way to remember with pictures from an early birthday.... Hugz to you
Hugz

Allie-oops Designs said...

That cat pillow is too darling, he has so much personality! Love it! Darling card for Danielle - did you find some flowers, hon?

Julie Fukuda said...

That cat pillow is just so sweet. I'm sure the second stitchery will find a good use with or without a frame.
The 14th was Paul's birthday and we (#3 daughter and I celebrated with a restaurant meal ... he loved to eat out ...remembered every restaurant, what he ate, and with whom) My granddaughter wanted to celebrate with a movie ... another of his passions. I think she got her wish. Hope you find the perfect plant.

Carol Swift said...

I love that cat pillow! Thank goodness for photos to help keep our memories fresh about our loved ones. Sweet card for Danielle!

Karen said...

It is always interesting to read your posts. You say you have done something wrong in cutting or whatever and still manage to make a charming something or another!