Monday, August 31, 2015

Monday Finish!


I actually finished something, and I am pleased with how it came out. I wanted to make something as a gift, as a thank you, instead of the usual card and this is what I made as a thank you. It really touched me, how many reached out and still do to be there for me and I want to do something that brings them joy, as well. I plan on making more things and things that have meaning to each person, so a bit at a time.

The design is by Jenny of ELEFANTZ and she has more designs for free and sale on her Craftsy Store. I have made her original design in a small quilt and when she offered the design in a stitchery, I thought it would make a wonderful pillow. I liked the appliqué bird on the first design but that was too large, so I modified the designs and made it into a pillow size. I would like to make it smaller, so maybe I will move the words so I can enlarge them and do it in a smaller version with the appliqué.

The finished pillow is about 8" x 7". I stuffed it with stuffing and added lavender inside, as well.


I have been shopping and looking for things to decorate the  beach room. I still need to paint it, but it has been so hot, I just can't get into painting walls, so hopefully I will have more energy when we get back from our trip, next week. I found some stones and sea glass and jar candle holders. I plan on putting the heart stones and things I have collected on a candle box and then the candles, but I am still looking for the perfect sized box. I did find a beach style table with a lipped top, so maybe I can get a table in a white shade like that. I have a small white side table, the white crates and a tan chaise, so I want to keep with the main colors and a mix of blue/greens.

Here are the jars, I was trying them with the stones and glass. The stones in the glass heart are the ones I have collected this summer, so I want something I can put them in and see the different hearts and colors. If you like the jars, I got them at Pier Imports, along with the stones and glass.


10 comments:

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

I love Jenny's designs too. I'm looking forward to seeing what she has planned for Christmas. Your colours in this project are so pretty and what a great idea for a gift.

usagypsy said...

I'm doing Jenny's BOM Vintage Kitchen. I love red work and this will probably be a Christmas present for a relative that loves to cook and bake. The painting you have on display reminds me of Led Zepplins Stairway To Heaven, so pretty. I'm so excited to win one of your patterns! I'm glad I could give you a chuckle :) I'll email you with my choice. Thanks! :)
Nancy

Julie Fukuda said...

A sweet little pillow! I can almost small the lavender from here.

The Eveningstitcher said...

Love your pillow, Deb...it's adorable! I'll have to check out the blog...your beach jars are so sweet.....Pier 1 has so many cool things! Take care..
.

Karen said...

The bird pillow turned out so very nice. And how creative that you used bird fabric for the bird itself. Works well.

Denise * KKL Primitives said...

What a beautiful pillow, I love it!

Allie-oops Designs said...

You did a beautiful job on that pillow, Debbie, love it - Jenny's designs are amazing, aren't they? Just love her style. Your jars and stones look so pretty by the painting, hon.....just lovely.

Fiona said...

great job on the pillow.. it's very sweet. and I love your jars.. it all looks lovely together
Hugz

acorn hollow said...

I love your pillow the jars and stones are just lovely.
cathy

Anna said...

The sweet pillow is adorable. you never cease to amaze me! The beach for me is a place to feel all my emotions at once...I so love it when a storm is brewing...I turn my face to the wind and breath deep...then I feel a little better ;)