Monday, July 27, 2015

Monday Stitcheries!


Another weekend and no big projects done or exciting outdoor fun. We ended up doing some shopping for trailer supplies and I splurged and got new ceiling fan lights. Our dining one got broken when Bill bashed it with something he was carrying, so that got replaced. Then I got a new one for my sewing room, just simple one with 3 lights, so I can see better. Then I got a nautical style lantern to put in my beach themed room. I tend to neglect upgrades like that and it was about time;)

I did get to finish one of my stitchery blocks, this one was simpler and I am loving how they come out and think it will make a wonderful quilt with floral sashing.

The designs are free and can be found at Theodora Cleave's Blog. She also has some wonderful new designs for stitchery quilts.


Another project I started is a stitchery dish towel with a design by Kathy Schmitz, offered for free in her newsletter. She has free designs on her website, as well.

The bee was colored in with art pens and the photo is blurry. I am still using the mac program and it is limited in adjustments.


8 comments:

Terry said...

I printed off the pattern for that second stitchery. Now I just have to see if I ever make it or not. LOL

acorn hollow said...

I love that pattern so sweet.
Cathy

Kate said...

They're both lovely, Debbie. I look forward to seeing how you finish both.
Enjoy your new trailer. :)

Jacque. said...

Nice work, Debbie!

Anna said...

such a sweet stitchery! You need to get some fun lights to hang outside the trailer...like dog bones or something, LOL

Julie Fukuda said...

The stitchery is so cute. With blocks in a floral setting, it will make a lovely piece. It is hard to decide on the right time for up-grades, so I am glad yours turned out so successfully.

Primitives By The Light of The Moon said...

Love your stitches as always. You do such a wonderful job on all your projects!

Raymond Homestead said...

Especially love the gal in the garden!