Friday, July 3, 2015

Happy Fourth!


I hope everyone has fun plans for the fourth. We are going to go to my sister in laws, time to say yes to invites and we will be seeing her husbands side of the family for the first time and My son and Daughter in law will be meeting all of them for the first time too. If you have ever seen the movie, Moonrise Kingdom, it was filmed in Rhode Island and my sister in law was actually in it, Bruce Willis came to her door when he was looking for the kids that ran away in the movie. It is hard to know it is her, but still neat  that she got to meet him and be in the movie.

Bill and I have been able to get out and enjoy the beauty of our own area this week. Yesterday we visited a dog friendly beach at the old base. It is in between the ferry and a ship builder, but the beach is nice and clean and a perfect place to let Bean have some fun at the beach. He finally realized that water is fun to go in and getting braver so next we will have to try him on a kayak.



Today I wanted to try out my mini sit on kayak to see how she handles on the water. Well Bill, who needs a hearing aid, put my sea kayak on, so I used that instead;) I am out of shape, so it was just a nice easy paddle in the main coves and time on the beach to enjoy the cool breezes.

There are two small islands in the cove, they were home to the indian queen at one time, it was there summer place.



We went out to the breakers, we had to go the long way around since it was low tide and we had to avoid the mud flats.



Coming back we enjoyed another trip around the islands and the beautiful views of the harbor. I hope everyone has a wonderful holiday weekend.


11 comments:

Julie Fukuda said...

Looks like a peaceful holiday on the water. I wonder how Nikko would take to a boat. She likes riding in cars but she isn't a fan of rain or wet ground.

Jacque. said...

I always enjoy the photos you take. Glad you had a good outing. Have a safe and wonderful 4th. Enjoy yourself.

Saundra said...

What a serene view. Enjoy your weekend and be safe.

paulette said...

I agree with Jacque...love seeing pictures of your corner of the world! Beautiful!

Rugs and Pugs said...

Happy 4th to you and Bill.
Great that you get to spend time with your grandson.
Hugs :)
Lauren

Anna said...

Sounds like a lovely day! I have never seen that movie....I am going to check if our local library has it!

HomeSpunPrims said...

Happy fourth to you and Bill! Hugs, Lori

Melody said...

You live in such a beautiful place.

Raymond Homestead said...

What a great place to be. Love that Bean is having fun!

Fiona said...

sounds a great way to celebrate the 4th...
Hugz

Allie-oops Designs said...

How lovely, Debbie - even though I'm terrified of the water your pics always make me want to run out and buy a kayak, lol! I hope you had a good time on the holiday, how did Bean do with the fireworks?? My kitty has been hiding for days.