Monday, February 23, 2015

Monday Freebie: Easter Bunny Punchneedle Egg


I was going through my old files and found a bunny that I had made for a group booklet, that we did years ago. We each did a pattern and everyone that made a pattern, got a booklet with all of the patterns in it.

The bunny has two flowers in the original and I wanted it to fit an egg shape, so I redesigned it a bit to fit. I started it yesterday and finished it today, and I used what i had in my scrap box. I finished it off with a twisted cord of green and yellow.

The background was done is varying shades of pale yellows, then I stained it with walnut, and the flash lightened it back up. The finished egg is about 6" x 4 1/2".


You are welcome to use the design for your own use or sell the finished product. Please do not share or pass around in groups or make multiple items for sale at shows. I would love to see your finished pieces, mine is a bit of a mess since I rushed it and didn't think it out;) You can use it for appliqué or hooking, as well as stitchery.

I redrew the design and my hand was not connecting with my brain, so it is a bit off in shape.

17 comments:

acorn hollow said...

Oh how I wish I could get the hang of needle punch. I love him.
Cathy

Karen said...

Love those ears!

Merry Wind Farm said...

So cute!! Thanks for sharing the pattern.

Sandi said...

OMG That is so cute! Thank you so much for sharing this beauty. Running to print him off right now.

usagypsy said...

He is adorable! I think this might be the motivation I need to pick that punch back up and keep practicing! Thanks for sharing!

Jacque. said...

how fun!!

Kate said...

Debbie, it's adorable - I love it and am going to make it. Thank you.

kelley said...

love that face...looking forward to seeing others using your pattern too!

Doreen Frost said...

Adorable!!!

Allie said...

That is just way too cute, Debbie - thank you!!!

Saundra said...

Cute design gal. Thanks for the pattern.

Fiona said...

he's very cute.... great idea with the booklet...
Hugz

Carrie P. said...

cute!

Julie Fukuda said...

Sweet little bunny and I love how the flower fills the shape.

gracie said...

Still trying to learn this art form!

moosecraft said...

So cute! Spring thoughts just might warm up these winter days some! :-)

Rugs and Pugs said...

So sweet. Thank you :)