Friday, July 25, 2014

Friday Finish!


I really had to push this one to finish it tonight, lol. I wanted a runner for my bedroom table and since it would be covered with items, I didn't want to go fancy. I did want nice colors so I used a 5" charm pack of Metropolitan Fair by Barbara Brackman.

I thought this would be a good quilt to practice my machine skills with, but then I decided to hand stitch it with black thread, which was a lot more work than I realized. This is a long piece, 51" x 16". I stitched down and across the blocks, then an X in each one, as well as a border stitch.

This is a fun and easy project for charm packs and great for those long tables. I tend to move things around the house when I need more space, somewhere else and this is how the table go in this room. I am also going to hang my cross quilt over the table and then I can frame my cross stitches and put them around the quilt.

The mailbox is on the table for now, since the air conditioner is in front of the table, it usually goes on. Later I can redecorate this table to match the biblical theme. The table doesn't really match the room but it will do for now.


Here is a close up of the stitching. I rushed it a bit, so there are big and little stitches, but it adds to the charm;)


11 comments:

Saundra said...

You can't fool me.... those are perfect quilter's hand stitches and I see no deviation from the perfection you quilters provide.

Great work.

Saundra

Julie Fukuda said...

That is charming and perfect for that spot. I have never tried quilting with black thread but seeing yours, I like the effect. Nice finish!

moosecraft said...

So pretty! I love all those little hand stitches! Which brand and weight of thread did you use?

Farmhouse prims said...

Your table runner is gorgeous! The stitching makes it perfect. Lecia

Jacque. said...

It looks great Debbie I like it a lot!

Melody said...

Gorgeous fabrics in your table runner

HomeSpunPrims said...

I agree, it looks great Debbie! I like the charm square fabrics you used and the black stitches look great too!
Hugs, Lori

Anna said...

I seem to be addicted to charm square packs and these would be a simple way to use them and as you say...practice the hand stitching...oh no...not another hand project! lol

Anna said...

I seem to be addicted to charm square packs and these would be a simple way to use them and as you say...practice the hand stitching...oh no...not another hand project! lol

Rugs and Pugs said...

Oh, I like it! I so want to learn to do simple quilting but there just aren't enough hours in the day.
Hugs :)
Lauren

Fiona said...

justright for that table.... and tiny little quilting stitches!
Hugz