Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Locker Hooked Rug Finished!


I finally finished my rug, last night. It seemed the closer I got to the edge, the longer it took, definitely not a quick project. I used excess scrap homespuns on this one, some thicker than others, which gives it a more prim look.

I would say, if you have arthritis, this is not an easy rug to make, especially if you work every day for two weeks, lol. These rugs are made with latch hook canvas and cotton fabrics, so it is great for areas that get used a lot, since you can wash it.

The finished size of my rug is 50" x 33". I folded it while I was working on it, so it needs to settle down, a bit. It is a great project to do if you want a rug, since you can use scraps or ugly fabrics. It does use up a lot of yardage, so buying new fabrics wouldn't be worth the cost.

I got a box of supplies from Chris of We Love Quilting. She sent me a nice book and some nicer hooks to use in my projects. Chris has a monthly giveaway, be sure to sign up, she gives away great boxes of goodies.

I tried outdoor photos and several indoor photos, and this is the best I could get.



20 comments:

Carol Swift said...

It looks beautiful! It also looks like a lot of work--I'm impressed. :O)

Jennie in GA said...

I have never seen locker hooking, but I love your rug!! And I like the idea of using up scraps.......goodness knows I have plenty. Any good sources for info on locker hooking?

Rugs and Pugs said...

Debbie ~
Looks good ~ and big. Congrats on finishing it!
Hugs :)
Lauren

Linda said...

Amazing!!!!! So beautiful!!! It is big and I know a lot of work went into it. Now you can enjoy the fruits of your labor. :-)

annie said...

that looks wonderful!!

Primitives By The Light of The Moon said...

i love locker hooked rugs and your rug is wonderful...love the use of the homespuns.

Anonymous said...

Wow! I'm impressed! It's wonderful.

Fiona said...

The rug has come up wonderfully.... Hugz

Deborah OHare said...

Well done. It looks great. Worth the time you pit into it.

cucki said...

it is looking so lovely..
big hugs xxx

Missie of Traditional Primitives said...

Debbie, it looks wonderful! Now I want to get started on mine! I better make a list so I don't forget anything..ha ha!

acorn hollow said...

I guess I need to find out more about this type of hooking it looks great. and it is very large.
Cathy

moosecraft said...

Love how this finished up!

Karen said...

Turned out primlicious good. You stuck with the project where I gave up on making one after a few rows. Too hard on the hands.

primitivebettys said...

It looks great, Debbie & is so big. Well done girl!

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

Your rug is amazing! Love the colors you used.

Carrie P. said...

great job. congrats on your finish. I tried that one time and it was just too hard on my hands and elbows.

Barbara Strobel Lardon said...

It is so wonderful. Wow!

Libby said...

It's gorgeous! I watched a YouTube tutorial on Loker hooking - wonder if I could teach Hubby how to do it *s*

Deb said...

Your rug really came out great. What a great idea to do something like this!