Friday, August 3, 2012

The Boatman Punch Needle!


I finally finished my new piece and I hope you like it, as much as I do.  I adapted this new design from an antique quilt. I love the designs on the quilt and am hoping to do more in the same line. I used a variety of flosses and techniques which are in the pattern. The new pattern is in a pdf file, so you will get the colors if you would like to do yours in the same way.

This piece is 6" x 5 1/2" and I finished it off with a larger piece of jute rope to keep with the nautical theme. This weekend I need to get busy making a ring pillow for my DIL, I finally decided what to do and that is hand stitch it, since I have no idea how to use my embroidery machine and size things, so I will be very busy stitching since it needs to be done by next weekend.

The pattern includes the design and a photo of my finished piece, the border is not included in the design. I think it would look wonderful with a quilted style border, maybe flying geese.


8 comments:

Linda said...

I think it's beautiful!!!! So much attention detail. Looks amazing!

Dorothy said...

Ahoy! It looks wonderful.

cucki said...

It is so cute xxx

moosecraft said...

A fantastic design! Love it!

Soggibottom said...

This is just our scene :-)
Fantastic Debbie XXX

Rugs and Pugs said...

Love it!
Hugs :)
Lauren

Carrie P. said...

Debbie, this is such a great little pattern. I like the threads you used and the rope around the pillow. great idea.

Alice ~ Folk Art Primitives said...

Love your pillow!!