Saturday, August 25, 2012

My Son's Wedding!


Well, it is their second, but the first was by a justice of the piece, until they had time and things in order to get Married in the church with her family. Sort of sad that it is so far away and I could not go with them, but I understand, her parents are getting older and hard for them to travel, and she lives here now, so this is her special day with her family in the church where she was raised.

I snagged some photos from Facebook, my son doesn't have access, so I will see the professional photos when they get back. I can see by their smiles, that they are having a wonderful time and it was a happy day for all. A bittersweet day, so happy for them but sad that I can't be there to share it with them.


Everything was arranged by her mom and family, so this was the first time I saw her dress. It is so beautiful and she looks so beautiful in it. Not too sure about that green tie, though, lol. I think the embroidery on her dress matches the pillow I made, talk about a nice coincidence.


A family photo, have no idea who anyone is;) I guess they dress more casually for weddings there?


22 comments:

paulette said...

Well congratulations...so sorry you couldn't be with them! Your son looked wonderful in his green tie (for good luck!) and his bride is beautiful!! You got to be with them for the first one...and they know that you are in their thoughts! Next up...maybe some baby quilts?!!!
P

Carrie P. said...

Congratulations! They make a very handsome couple. His tie matches the leaves in the flowers.

Cherry's Prairie Primitives said...

Everything looks beautiful!! Congratulations!!

primitivebettys said...

Congrats to your Son & his bride. I'm sorry you couldn't be there with them. It looks like a good day for them. <3

Cathy G. said...

Such a cute couple and I LOVE that green tie! I'm sorry you couldn't be with them but it looks like they have a big family and friends there too. Congrats to your family Debbie!
Hugs!!
Cathy G

SewCalGal said...

Congratulations Deborah, as your son and his bride look very happy. Sorry you couldn't be their with them, but I know you were their in spirit. And, you'll help them celebrate when they get settled into their home as a married couple. All very special.

SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

Primitives By The Light of The Moon said...

Congratulations and they sure look very happy! The bride looks very pretty and your son is looking very handsome in his green tie. I'm sorry you were not able to attend. Wishing them both many, many happy years together.

Barbara said...

Wonderful!

Deborah OHare said...

Looks wonderful!Which part of Malaysia is this?

cucki said...

congratulations dear xxx

Mugwump Woolies said...

Congratulations to the happy couple! Love the green tie!
Robyn

moosecraft said...

Gorgeous dress! And they make a wonderful couple! I am sure you were in their thoughts during the day and will have many stories to tell when they return! :-)

Raymond Homestead said...

Congrats to the bride and groom!

Rugs and Pugs said...

What a beautiful couple! May they be blessed with many years of a happy marriage.

Nancy in MT said...

Looks like it was a beautiful wedding with all the bride's family, too bad you couldn't be there.

Anonymous said...

Lovely couple! Congratulations :o)

Cheryl Lynch Quilts said...

Mazel Tov! A beautiful couple and I'm sure they loved the pillow.

Carol Swift said...

They make a beautiful couple--congratulations!

Allie said...

Oh what a gorgeous couple - I'm so sorry you couldn't be there, Debbie! Her dress is amazing, how wonderful that your embroidery matches! I wish them every happiness in the world!

Barbara Strobel Lardon said...

Beautiful...too bad you could not be there. Your son & DIL look very happy.

Fiona said...

how lovely... it must have been hard for you to be so far away.... congratulations to them...
Hugz

Missie of Traditional Primitives said...

Very happy couple, you can tell by the smiles! Must be hard for you not to be there too, but you will catch up I am sure. I bet you can't wait to see more pics!