Sunday, August 19, 2012

Bad Paddle Day!


Sometimes things just go wrong. Bill was finally able to go in the water again, so I really wanted to paddle, even though I am going through a weak muscle week. I was tired when I started and paddle didn't help, but I kept going, I love being out on the water, too much. It was a beautiful day, the clouds kept the heat down and there was a nice breeze and nice rolling waters. So, it was a tough paddle with my mood going from bad to worse;)

Then we got back to the car and our window was smashed and my purse was gone. I could care less about the money or things, but it was my purse, that is personal and it makes me sad to have something like that happen, I am not used to things like this in my area. They took my GPS too, but it was my personal things that mattered, one being the boat eye glass case that I made. I had my cameras and phone with me, so those were safe and for some reason they missed Bill's wallet and phone, maybe someone came and they took off.

They did get my cards and used it to buy gas, but I am covered so I didn't lose anything and everything else got cancelled too, before they used them. Then I remembered my house keys were in it, so now we need to change those tomorrow. Along with replacing my license and what else I had, I cannot remember, the problem with my short term memory.

So, it was a bad day and I am sad. I could never hurt another person and I don't understand people who do. Even though it was a hard paddle, it did help, over doing it, tires me out, so it lessons the nerve pain that the lyme causes, so I had a slight break from that, at least. Also, since he used the card at a station, we were able to get the time and hopefully they had cameras and can catch him. We found out, that it is happening a lot lately, wish we knew that before hand;)

I took a few photos today, so I will leave you with some photos of our paddle and blessings to all of my wonderful friends who visit my blog and restore my faith, that there are good people in this world.

People are not the only ones who enjoy a boat ride.


The ferry was taking a load of passengers on a ride to view the scenic points of the bay. Glad it was on the opposite side from us.


A blimp was flying around the bay area, not sure what makes them think it would make me buy their product.


What was supposed to be a paddle in the harbor, ended up with 3 miles down the coast, I will never learn;) A perfect place to stop for lunch, to relax and enjoy the views.



23 comments:

Faye said...

So sorry to hear you have been robbed~~~ That is terrible! I can't imagine why people prey on others like they do this day and time.... Hoping for better days... Faye

Dorothy said...

I do know how you feel. It's always the personal things we miss the most and they would have just thrown them away. Can you check in the surrounding area or is it too big a distance? Glad to hear your paddle made you feel a bit better, healthwise.

Allie said...

Oh DEBBIE - I am so sorry this happened to you! Be sure to change your locks girl, if they have your license they have your address. Oh my heart breaks for you, I hope they get caught! I'm glad you had a good paddle, at least.

Unknown said...

We live in South Africa where it is a garantee that your purse will be stolen if left visible in a car... the whole world is changing: and it is so sad! Good luck in replacing all the cards etc: the thieves never consider the nuisance thay put you through... I hope you have some luck that they are caught!

cucki said...

oh no this is so terrible..so sorry to hear all this.
i hope they get caught.
hugs for you xx

Alice ~ Folk Art Primitives said...

When it happened to me, I wouldn't go home till the locksmith met us there. My theory is if you've got it, "they" want it. It would be nice if everyone would go out and work for what they need and want. Sorry that happened to you! This, too, shall pass.

moosecraft said...

Oh Debbie... so sorry that your stuff was stolen! But, I am REALLY happy that you remembered that your keys were in there and to change the locks! Hopefully the gas station camera took good pics of the thieves and I hope they get caught. Hugs to you!

Anonymous said...

Get those locks changed quickly! I swear the world we are in is crazy these days. You have made me think twice about taking a purse on an outing. I usually try to put under a seat out of sight but it doesn't help if they are smashing windows to find stuff. I'm so sorry this happened and now all the inconvenience it caused.

Terry said...

I'm so sorry this happened to you! It's a reminder to all of us to not leave a purse or anything valuable in a car.

Rock River Stitches said...

Debbie, I'm so sorry that your car got broken into. Makes me so angry they did this! And sorry about your Lyme disease is acting up. Hope you are feeling better. What I do when I do outdoors stuff is I have a little mini backpack that I put my camera and wallet in along with a water bottle.

Tammy

Vicki W said...

I am so sorry to hear about your bad day. Don't let the one bad guy get you down. I hope you are feeling better soon and that you get your belongings replaced soon too.

Mouse Droppings Folk Art said...

Those types of smash and grabs are pretty common everywhere now a days. hubs and I invested in a couple of waterproof kayaking pockets to keep our valuable in while and then we stow them in the Kayak compartments...just not worth taking the risk anymore. Sorry your lyme is acting up...no fun!!! The pics were lovely and thanks for stopping by my blog and saying hello...always nice to hear from you! Hugs Susan

marie said...

So sorry about your break in. Hope they catch them via the camera at the gas station. What a expensive outing it turned out to be. I have started taking a tiny coin purse that can fit in my jeans pocket with DL, insurance card and a few $$'s and leave my purse at home when I go on a outing/walk. Hope you feel better soon.

Missie of Traditional Primitives said...

That is such a scary experience. Be thankful they did not attack you and that you or your husband did not get hurt. this type of thing happened to us once, so we now keep a copy, front and back, of all important info that is found in our wallets. It is a very helpful way to keep organized. Try to relax about it, and know that there are good folks left around us! Take care...

Nancy in MT said...

They must have been desperate to break a window, desperate times will make people do desperate things, get those locks changed, now.

Rugs and Pugs said...

Debbie ~
So sorry to hear about the theft of your purse. People just have no respect. Hope you've already gotten the locks changed!
Hugs :)
Lauren

Joanne Lendaro said...

Well that's pretty stinky!! Hope you can get things straightened out without too much trouble.

Carole said...

So sorry to read about your window being smashed! I had that happen to me in Montreal, dead of winter. Poor dd was only 4 and sat in the back seat. The police call it fishing. You do live in a beautiful area! Thank you for sharing! Hugs!

Libby said...

I'm sorry to hear that things went from bad to worse while you were just trying to have a nice time *ugh* Hopefully they will just give up now that the cards have been cancelled and maybe your purse will be returned. I carry a leather backpack that I purchased with my very first paycheck in 1977 (yes, it took the ENTIRE paycheck!) Me and that backpack have seen some things and I would be devastated if I were to lose it.

Karen said...

Your purse was probably tossed somewhere. If there is anything identifying you still left in it, maybe you will get it back. I had my wallet stolen but never got anything back. But my husband had his stolen and it came back in the mail a couple weeks later with just the wallet loose with his driver's license attached on the outside with a rubber band.

A reminder that belongings left in a locked car aren't always as safe as we think. I worry about that when I leave my purse locked in the car.

Kris said...

Oh, Deb!! I am sorry I missed this post!! I hope you are feeling better. There is not much worse than being burgled with regard to invasion of self!! And I am so bad about leaving my wallet in my car - good, but a hard reminder!!

Lynn Barbadora said...

Deb,
So sorry for your losses. Not a good feeling to feel so violated. What is WRONG with people??? My Dad always used to say "what goes around comes around" and I BELIEVE that. Hoping for better days for you my friend!
Hugs,
Lynn

Gail said...

Debbie,

I understand what you are going through--it's hard to imagine someone would violate your space or property w/out regard for your circumstances.

My house was broken into a year ago October and I'm not recovered from the trauma of it.