Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Fixes, Felines and Progress!

I was so upset that I ruined my piece, so I worked some more on it, a bit of bleach stick and a few washing in dish detergent and I washed all the red out. I stained it more heavily, thinking the red would remain and that would cover it, but I guess I didn't need so much. Now it is very prim, which is ok too. The threads are from Laura at ArtFabrik and she will be doing a posting about her threads and bleed throughs, so if you are not already, Laura's site is worth adding to your blogger list. She has lots of wonderful tutorials and inspiration. The design can be found at Elin's Kreative Side, in the side bar that lists freebies.


And...I worked some more on my Noah's ark rug. There was not enough in the kit to fill in the background, so I am using some of my tan/browns which are darker than the photo that comes with the kit, but still works nicely. The design is by Tonya of Mad Hen Primitives.


Today I had the fun of chasing two kitties who made a great escape. The builders didn't shut the doors all the way in the basement and moki, who is too smart for his own good, opened them. Luckily I was on the porch when I saw two black kitties go running across the yard. Moki was easy to get, he stays still, but Izzy kept running, so I had to crawl through some bushes to get her. Other than that, she plays the sweet little kitty who likes to sleep in objects not meant for cats.



12 comments:

Dorothy said...

So pleased your Angles came good.Nothing worse than having colour run after all the work it takes to make. The Noah Ark rug is looking lovely and I love the stories of your cats.

Jacque. said...

Those naughty kitties! So happy for you that you were able to clean up the red bleeding. It's a lovely piece.

Robin Leuschen said...

I'm so glad you were able to save your sweet stitchery !!
And that rug !! I love it !!!
LOVE IT !!!
Robin

Vicki W said...

Yay! I'm so glad you got it all out!

moosecraft said...

Awwww cute picture of Izzy! Moki knows the world outside of the house can be dangerous, so he made himself an easy catch... Looks like you fixed the block nicely and I LOVE the noah's rug! :-)

Joanne Lendaro said...

The stitchery looks fabulous, as always! Glad you could save it, can't tell there were any issues at all! Love the little puppy one from two post ago, and hubbie "made" you buy the book???lol!

Gayle said...

How annoying that your kit didn't have enough background wool in it - glad you had some wool on hand to remedy the situation.

Laura Wasilowski said...

I am so happy the dye washed out! Tomorrow I'll post a note on my blog about the back-dye problem. My apologies again for putting you through this.
Laura

The Joy of Needlework said...

OMG how madding, so glad you get it fixed. Love your work as you know I am a fan of your creations. Sorry I have not been to post but have tons of thing on my plant and more to go. Hugs, LenZie

Allie said...

I am so glad it washed out, that is a darling piece! Your Noah rug is looking just awesome. Oh those naughty kitties - I had one that would get out and crawl to the middle of our [very large] holly bush, it was like a cave in there, nice sandy floor and she knew I couldn't get her. Glad you got them safely home!

jackiero said...

Your finished piece turned out perfect :) As an artist, I get how we share with others how the piece turned out not as planned, yet seeing the finished piece is perfect to my eye! I get how frustrating it for a kit to not have enuf 'stuff' to finish the piece, yet the way you're finishing your ark will be beautiful :D
Kitties, gotta luv 'em! Super adorable "plate sleeper kitty". Take care & happy spring.

Unknown said...

love love love that Noah's ark hooked rug. Beautiful choice of colors!