Friday, March 23, 2012

A fairytale: The Three Blocks

I finally got motivated to do some charity blocks, considering the deadline is looming, but my nerves have been a bit frazzled lately so the nervy pain, makes it hard to do work that requires perfection. So, I made a block and for some reason it came out too small and the block was off, this one is too small.


Then I thought, what if I make it larger, then I  can cut it down, the one on the right is too large. Not sure if it can be cut down, my brain can't think that way, right now, lol. So, this block is too big.

The block on the left is just right, the right size and the blocks sit right on the edges, I was so happy to finally figure it out and be able to just keep going. Then I realized, something didn't look right, I have two blocks in reverse, ugh, so guess this one is not good, either. The moral of this story is; it is a fairytale if I think I could ever make a perfect block, lol.


12 comments:

Dorothy said...

We all do these things. That's why they put an unpicker in every sewing machine tool box.

Kris said...

LOL to what Dorothy said!! But my Mom always said "if at first you don't succeed, try, try again"!! NOT!! You did better I would have done, Debbie!! Kris

marie said...

I had to laugh-this sounded like me. How do those pieces get sewed wrong when I swear they were laying on the sewing table the right way. My motto is if you sew wrong twice, go do something else.

Rugs and Pugs said...

Maybe the next one will be just right!
Hugs :)
Lauren

Jacque. said...

You can do it. I have faith.

moosecraft said...

I'm thinking the third time's a charm? :-) You're soooooo close!

Anna said...

This post cracked me up because yesterday I was having the same issue with my BOM...same fairy tale different forest! lol

Gayle said...

Luckily, I made me charity blocks for Lynda quite awhile ago so I wouldn't have to deal with the pressure of a fast approaching deadline. Hang in there - the next one will be perfect!

Soggibottom said...

Who said we are all perfect :-) ?
Looks good to me anyway :-)
:-) x x x

Allie said...

ROFL - Oh Debbie - this is why I applique, lol! I think you should use them for something, they're lovely!

Jacqueline said...

I gave up on perfection a long time ago.. my piecing is like "garnades" close enough works for me.

Lorraine said...

Debbie,

This is what I struggle with EVERY DAY since my stroke last May! I feel your pain... :O(