Sunday, March 4, 2012

Chenille Bunny!


My friend Kelley sent me some of her older patterns and one had a doll with some bunnies. I wanted to make the bunny, love the shape and perfect for sitting on shelves or baskets. I used chenille for mine and made his ears bigger and floppy. The original had shorter, stick up ears.

Chenille is not easy to sew on the machine, especially the thick ones, but I love how it looks on this piece.
I made him grungy, to look like an old, well loved bunny and I do love him, lol. The pattern is by Indygo Junction, called Mildred and Murphy.

His nose got lost since I used a dark tan thread, so maybe I will dab a bit of java stain to darken that up.
The eggs next to him, are made from cheap plastic eggs, that I sanded down, the lay fabric over them with decoupage. Messy, but easy to do and fun for the kids too.



12 comments:

Susan At Glen Oaks Primitives said...

Awww, he's cute. I like the eggs, too.
Hugs,
Susan

Linda said...

So cute!!!! I want to make some eggs like that with girls. Did you use Modge Podge? Did you stain the fabrics?? Great project!!

Anna said...

oh he is so cute...what's his name? George? I love the eggs!

Unknown said...

Soo cute! Love it!

moosecraft said...

Cute bunny! I remember those eggs! Maybe I'll get to making some this for this Easter...

Lynn Barbadora said...

Adorable bunny Deb! Love what you did with the eggs also!
Hugs,
Lynn

primitivebettys said...

What a sweet bunny! :-)

Libby said...

Those eggs are a fun idea. May just have to stop in at the Dollar Store today and pick some up *s*

Deb said...

The bunny is cute and he looks like he's well loved and worn. The eggs are great too - I never would have thought that you could use plastic eggs like that.

Michelle May-The Raspberry Rabbits said...

Sweet!!!!

antique quilter said...

omg I love that bunny too cute
I like those eggs too, that I could handle making, not the bunny!
Kathie

Miccosukee said...

Deb,

I really loved the chenille bunny but couldn't find the pattern at Indygo Junction under Mildred and Murphy. Could it be under somethng else? My 88-yr-old mom loves bunnies and I would love to make her these for her birthday.

thanks,
trisha